Daybreak Games has reportedly sold PlanetSide 1 and 2 and 5 other licences...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Sollace Well-Known Player

I can't remember, but I think it was around 2012/2013.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

The way Jack left, I don't think it was because they cancelled the MMO. The amount of head hunting that was done would have taken time, especially since he already had a backer when he left. He knew he was leaving, whether Marvel MMO was the final straw, IDK, but I'm pretty sure it was before.
    • Like x 1
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

TBF, my ignore list is mostly gold sellers and scammers, but every now and them somebody decides they can't keep their bigotry to themselves anymore. Or they decide they have to fill everybody's chatbox with their political views, and a bunch of people decide they have to refute it. Only once did someone start preaching fire and brimstone (spewing a bunch of intolerance along the way), and several people responded, mocking that person's religion. When that sort of thing happens, they all get put on Ignore.

And It's still not as many as the scammers and spammers.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, I stopped doing gold sellers because they will just remake their account when banned and you have to remove them yourself, as the block/unblock feature is not very easy to navigate and I'm lazy. So, I just go to a new tab. I don't do trade and lfg regularly unless I'm actively doing something and even then tab back when done.
    • Like x 2
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

EG7 made a pretty big pivot to invest in their own IPs instead of the 50 mill investment in DCUO. This seems like a new long-term strategy for the company and for that reason I don’t think they pivoted based on Jack leaving. He may have seen the writing on the wall and got off at the first stop. It’s not unique for a “well-liked boss” to have people follow - especially if they were of the same mindset with regard to the “change of direction.”
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What...you don't think it was Jerry McGuire-esque and he was walking out...then put up a plea for people to leave with him? Where's Rene Z when you need her?
    • Like x 1
  7. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I recall making some pretty negative sentiments about Jack several years ago that was met with some pretty choice statements and anguish, to include those from the exiting community manager... Seriously....it was like I insulted their mother or something..I wonder if they feel the same way...;)

• Like x 2
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

This is factually incorrect. Sony Online Entertainment was spun-off into its own separate entity, but did not retain the rights to use Sony's name, and thus changed its name to Daybreak Game Company LLC. Dimensional Ink Games is just a Development Team within Daybreak.

Some of us were here when that all went down, and know the real scoop on what happened. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Green Action Well-Known Player

Hey jack!, could you inform us some more of what happened back then ? (curious person here)
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Here's the official announcement thread over in the Everquest II Official Forums, from back in 2015: --> CLICK HERE!!!

There should be a lot more info in there. I found it with a quick Google Search, which strangely turned that up before finding the announcement here in the DCUO Forums. But if you go to the Announcements Forum and dig back through to posts from 2015, you should find it.
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

DCUO brought in ~$26.7M in bookings thus far this year, meaning that if the revenue equation is correct then they've brought in net revenues of around $24M thus far (ie: first 3 quarters of the year). That's just under $3M per month (2.966) or $35.6M per year.Dec 3, 2020. Correct me if I'm wrong but these equations are just the membership I cannot find the last post that states this. But I'm 100% telling you it's out there. that the game makes 3.6million a month as of 2023 just in memberships. which is why they have the money to put this game on so many different platforms. Eg-7 says the game makes 4,000 a month which is a complete lie because the game would totally close down. People spend $4,000 in one shot I've been in enough leagues that spend at least 10 grand or more a month not counting what they spend on a sale. what they spend on a new ep in the first few weeks. I would not believe any reports ag7 has stated they lied to us about getting bigger content for DC and investing back into the game. Let's get one thing straight the game is not making $4,000 a month that eg7 report is completely wrong. 300k players are paying a membership there is roughly 670k active players across all platforms together. Membership is $200 a a year 300k x200$ is 60million a year just in memberships