darkseid

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Badname8293, May 27, 2013.

1. Badname8293 New Player

is he coming?...to help me with these heroes
  2. Galklife Dragon New Player

Probabaly near the end of the games projected lifespan sincd hes the "main big bad," or so I've heard.
  3. Badname8293 New Player

hope it ends tomorrow then
  4. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Haven't you heard?
    [IMG]
  5. Mr.Me New Player

Holding Drakseid off for the end would be a shame really, then there couldn't be a Rise of Darkseid, or DS vs Doomsday vs Sups... :D

One of the main staples of the super hero genre is that the villains and evil keep creeping back to show its face and give heroes a chance to shine. Another being the feeling of constant danger and the need to save the world, the universe, or just someone. Personally i would love to see more of these characters and storyline cycled threw the game kind of like events. Could you imagine if this month DS is attacking or we are going to Apocalypse, next month Aquman and Atlantis, month after that helping the GL core with a man hunter invasion, then who knows what, would be awesome. :D
  6. Gigga Watt Well-Known Player

Ok this topic has been beatin down with so many rumors that they saving him for end game. think about it makes no sense what would be the point doing his raids only to know its for nothing.
    The devs replied to this around after release they want to bring Darkseid into the game and have stated he is in there words the baddies of all baddies and who would top him, they also said they feel it is to early in the games life to release him just yet and want to plan big things for him. Now of course you can say there are other villians to bring in to top him however i feel maybe they should bring his story line in slowly like what they did with orgin crisis maybe do raids against granny goodness and such and eventually release a DLC with big bad himself.
  7. Mr.Me New Player

The thing is you never really beat DS you just convince him to leave you alone lol. Doomsday is stronger tbh and Mongol is more than suitable to follow DS story wise, not to mention Chrona who is way more powerful than DS is a boss in a mid level alert.

As the Devs have stated we aren't playing a Solo game the ultimate Bad guys here in DCUO should be some sort of group like the legion of Doom, the Light, The Reach, ect... DS is awesome but saying no one can follow him up is irrational if that where true Superman would have ended a long time ago.
  8. LaughingRiot Well-Known Player

They have no comments on Darkseid, or anything past DLC 9. I am rather curious to see where we'll be headed after that, it's rather exciting! :D
  9. GeneralGlory New Player

Give us Despero! 1986 Justice League of America 251-254. He arrives on Earth by bringing the Watchtower slamming into the ground, he transforms part of Gotham to resemble his home world, spawns his own adds by bending reality and is eventually defeated when the flame of Py'Tar is extinguished by Vibe. The four part arc Reads and plays out like a Raid or Alert..

Lets travel to Warworld to take on Mongul. The guy isnt as omnipotent as Darkseid but he is a planetary ruler with an ARENA in which he hosts gladiatorial competition. As if this angle cant some how be worked into the game...

How about matching alert and raid sized groups against supervillain teams like the Royal Flush Gang, The Extremists, and so on. Fights reminiscent of the rogues in strykers.

Lastly save Darkseid for the end. You already screwed the pooch by making Doomsday a T1 alert in Smallville of all places, LAUGHABLE at best to make the guy who killed superman easily defeated by 4 players who couldnt survive a day trip to strykers.
  10. Wizz Tron New Player

I don't know and I don't wanna know
    That's TMI
  11. Wizz Tron New Player

Is that the real deal Doomsday or a failed clone?
  12. GeneralGlory New Player

you tell me. unless Ive completely overlooked a major detail I think that the real Doomsday used in failed cloning experiments, but who the hell cares anyway?
  13. Wizz Tron New Player

Well if the doomsday in T1 isn't the real thing then that leave the door open for a the real Doomsday to show up
  14. GeneralGlory New Player

if that was a doomsday clone its the best kept secret in the game.
    • Like x 1
  15. razor Red New Player

Trigon conquered 10,000 worlds but he's coming in dlc 9. Apparently there is nobody too tough.
  16. Wizz Tron New Player

When he can conquer a entire universe then I'll be worried
  17. razor Red New Player

He can he was on lunch break.
  18. Wizz Tron New Player

Well tell him to get his lazy butt back to work and start conquering the universe
  19. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

They can keep Darkseid, Doomsday and whoever else as far as I'm concerned. All I've ever wanted is to beat up Starro:
    [IMG]
  20. Meta Flare New Player

Im pretty sure the devs said that if darkseid is Putin the game it will be to end the game. So as much as I want him I hope he doesn't get put in cuz I want the game to continue as long as possible.

My response to people who want darkseid is this.

MONGUL...and WAR WORLD.

hear me out this idea is a little different than the standard fair.
    What I suggest is a raid that is a mixture of PVP and PVE. what would happen is a four man team from both the hero and villain side get transported to war world. While there each team has to fight one mid boss each and then when each team beats there boss the teams meet up and have to fight each other to leave. Then after the fight when one team loses MONGUL arrives and challenges the winners but the losers join in the fight as well. The hero team cannot heal, give power, or talk to(other than text chat and only at this one point)The villains. And vice versa. The team that won the PVP section gets better gear and drops than the losers but both side receive the PVE specific marks and the PVP winners get the PVP marks. It's a combo of an alert, raid, PVE, and PVP all in one.

This could be the final section of the MONGUL story arc. I think it would be pretty epic. What do you guys think?
    • Like x 1