Daily login rewards marketplace section

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knight Racer, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I was hoping i'd be finally able to get my hands-on the enhanced future warden style that I missed out on from January 2022. However, since asking for it repeatedly on the forums hasn't helped, maybe giving an incentive to the design team might. What if there was a section in the marketplace for purchasing all daily login reward styles that have come and gone. We can buy them for daybreak cash. It's a win-win for everyone. Players can get those styles that they've missed out on and feats. Daybreak adds more to the marketplace that can generate revenue.
    • Like x 3
  2. Cypharr Committed Player

This is not a bad idea cos I'll definitely partake but the issue is people will start crying #P2W meanwhile currently to acquire previous styles from daily rewards you must have membership which we pay for so you can maximize Fate & Destiny Token. Doing it on free membership you might as well be wasting your time. Having this styles in the marketplace will get the freeloaders and broke ***** rattled up envious and full of jealously and screaming #P2W.

I don't see a problem when a game give people the option to buy with money or play the game. It's an option you not everyone has to partake. It's just pure envy & jealousy.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What exactly do you win from completing the Enhanced Future Warden style?
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

They win having all the pieces of the Enhanced Future Warden style?

Serious answer: They probably want some of the pieces for their OC or their cosplay.
    • Like x 1
  5. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

People will still have to pay for this with daybreak cash so the people who have been subscribing shouldn't feel anything since both subscribing members are paying for the membership and free to play players are also paying for styles.
  6. Cypharr Committed Player

I don't think you get anything other than an enhanced version of the style.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Right, so how would putting it in the MP be different than any other style sets they have/had in the MP?
  8. Cypharr Committed Player

So you're in support they can be be added to the MP? Without people saying P2W.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Correct because there is no P2W aspect for a style. No one was crying P2W when they added other styles to the MP, the only thing people complain about is the price.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cypharr Committed Player

As per ushe xD. One day I too will hop on that trend.
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

How is your wife 25 years old with 4 teenage children? Something's not right here...
  12. Cypharr Committed Player

Living under a rock I see.
  13. Cypharr Committed Player

Before you wake up and toss an ostentatious reply. Firstly you left out Infamous Cypharr in Earth 69, then is a game and they are based on make belief. I'll also use this opportunity to to mention I'm single and ready to mingle with a DCUO gamer gyal. Now, let's continue, as for there back stories in DCUO comics. Cypharr meet Ms Cypharr in the first issue of DCUO comics when she was 18 years old in a fight against Brainiac at Outer Caverns. After successfully defeating Brainiac with the help of 6 other hero's the hit it off instantaneously and had there first date in Big Belly Burger in Little Bohemia, Metropolis. 6 Months later they had there first kid, Kid Cypharr out of wedlock. They were so happy when the realised Kid Cypharr had inherited superpowers which they got from exobytes Lex Luthor had stolen from Brainiac in a conquered Earth timeline. A year later while Cypharr was on a solo mission in Circe's Stronghold Ms Cypharr put to bed there second child Young Cypharr who also had powers. It was a joyous occasion. Upon hearing the news from Oracle in the Watchtower Cypharr deserted his mission and Wrapped to the Metropolis General Hospital in Little Bohemia to meet is babies (Ms Cypharr, Kid Cypharr and Young Cypharr). Overwhelmed with joy he immediately got on one knee and proposed to Ms Cypharr, in a Nano second Ms Cypharr grabbed the ring from his hand put it on hers and screamed "yes I'll marry you. I thought you'll never ask".

Four years later in A Rip in Time issue 25 Cypharr, Ms Cypharr, Rip Hunter & Vixen where now on a 4 man operation an alert they received from Oracle yet again to investigate a squabble on Vandal Savage. It was during this mission they meet two kids that claimed they were children's of Cypharr and Ms Cypharr and that they have travel in time to flee a dying world this kids were Lad Cypharr and Lass Cypharr. After a brief investigation it was determined they where who they claimed to be and where embraced my the now infamous couple.

Today in issue 46 of DCUO comics they fight along side John Constantine and Zatanna to stop Hecate from taking away all magics as you know it.

Recommended reads issues 37, 41 and 45. Also grab a copy of 11 special issue during seasonal and holiday events.

Hope you had fun reading Cypharr back story. To help you come out from under the rock click the link below.

https://youtube.com/shorts/iZMui9zNzlY?si=Bg98R5b4EbYkDP9D

Also ask yourself Cypharr meeting Ms Cypharr at 18 years old when he was 32 years old. Is it legal? Duh?
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless they sell the style for 15$ (or whatever membership costs for a month where you live), it's simply going to be more profitable to bring that style back some day in the same form of daily log in rewards.

Compared to other games, 15$ seems like a "reasonable" price but i doubt its going to sell well due to the amount of alternatives we have, materials making enhanced styles entirely redundant and then you also have the replay badge component to it, where the daily reward style-set is only for a single character and additional unlocks cost money. This wouldn't be the case with a marketplace style.

They would probably end up calculating possible revenue loss and add it to the price, so instead of 15$ its 20$ then. Similar to what we got with wolfpack tokens - Not worth it for a single other character but with more than 2 it becomes more and more reasonable to invest.
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Sorry, from my POV, you were responding to Knight Racer. I just realized you were actually responding to a post I didn't see.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What's pay to win about it? The style was given out to all members last Jan, granted no feat and no SP. Sounds like this is just a cosmetic request, or at best, you'd get a piece of Jan 2022 gear, which probably topped out at 302 or 280 CR...not winning anything there either.

If the style was only ever given out during Jan 2022, and only then to members...and only then if you were on for 21 days to collect the full set....it's already pretty exclusive. How would adding it to the MP (or more likely Dr Fate) be MORE P2W?

For a guy who LOOOOVES those wolfpacks...which ARE 100% pay to win (if not 'win'....'exceed'), I believe you are reading way to far into this one. I'd guess no one would have an issue with it....just like they don't have an issue with the member 'exclusive' day 21 rewards already being in Dr Fate for 2 Destiny tokens.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So instead Cypharr and Ms Cypharr send their 7 year old bastidge 'Kid Cypharr' who may or may not have underlying physical issues seeing as he was born 3 months early at 6 months, as well as a younger sibling at 6 years old, out to do battle for them. While not illegal, it can at least be looked upon as sketchy parenting.
  18. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

is there any chance either this suggestion is added to the game, to have missed daily login reward styles in the marketplace for styles we can straight out purchase or at the very least add enhanced future warden style to the existing styles marketplace section? I'm tired of asking random people in shout to try to get that enhanced future warden style to look like my suit just to get an idea of what I could have had if I logged in January 2022.
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Aren't the styles on the Fate vendor? Or will be in a couple months?
  20. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Enhanced future warden was never added to the fate vendor or the marketplace. Must have slipped through the cracks because it hasn't been in the game since January 2022. I'm sure there are plenty of marketplace enhanced or regular daily login reward styles people missed out on that they would like to buy if they were added to the marketplace styles section. Just seems like a missed opportunity for Daybreak not to include it as a way to increase sales while making the gaming community happy at the same time. It's not like they are releasing items to the marketplace the way they used to.