Cursed House of Mystery Etrigan Puzzle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

I'm not sure why but the puzzle Etrigan says does not show up in close caption or the message window. Only voice over is there. This is different I think compared to other puzzle situations where we can look back and see what was the clue and solve it. I sometimes have to play the game without audio due to the timezone difference and headphones still waking up my little one. So not being able to hear is a real pain in these situations since the close caption or the message window doesn't show it.

Could this be added in so it is also readable rather than only hearable as it currently is?
    • Like x 1
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Could you just run it for the feat when your surrounding conditions allow you the opportunity to use audio?
    • Like x 1
  3. Prindacerk Committed Player

I can. I got the feat done. But daily run for the tarot tokens makes it faster when I don't need to trigger the wrong one.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Subtitles require the voice be turned on. You would need to mute your speakers and have the audio on and it should work.

It does show up on the subtitles, though. I usually read the subs before he finishes talking to get the right one in pugs.
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I run with all the sound turned off for a similar reason, but I've never had an issue of Etrigan's clue not being in the subtitles. I do agree, though, it should show up in the chat box. I mean every stupid thing the Bat-demon from Doomed Washington DC shows up in the chat box, why not something that's important, like this?
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s possibly either an oversight or intended. Boss mechanics are pretty distinct from an optional feat audible line….they may not want it sitting in the chat window when you are rewarded for listening/reading it at the time.
  7. Captain Catalunya Active Player

It would be nice if they put the text in the chat and it could be reread
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's in the subtitles every time I run it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Prindacerk Committed Player

Is it me or does it start showing up and then gets cut off mid speech for the last part where he tells which kind of sword is the clue? Everytime I ran it, it starts and then another subtitle takes over. Maybe I should record it next time. But I end up doing a guesswork on that puzzle mostly.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

The last thing he says is the clue. Like glitter for the crystal one.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've never seen that, however, when it comes up I'm normally just looking at the last word to see the clue...I'm not reading along with it like It's Sesame Street. Coin, Pitch....whatever the 'clue' word is....I see that, I'm already standing by the sword (unless we are doing the feat). It could get cut off perhaps, I wouldn't know.