Current Best-in-slot Meta?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ragnarok, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

I'm thinking:

Weapon: BN (or crafted) Episode 20
    Jewelry and Face: Episode 20 crafted
    Back/Legs/Chest/Waist: Prison Break
    Hands/Feet/Shoulder/Head: Green 132 (or is it 133/134--I don't look, I just R&D), or epic Episode 20

I haven't seen any weapon boxes in the duo or either version of the raid, nor have I seen blue pieces that surpass Episode 20's Feet, Head, Shoulder or Gloves by a wide margin. Am I correct then in the above? Theorycrafters or curious speculators, commence!
  2. Veritasum Loyal Player

Episode 21 starts the new cycle, so Prison Break will drop chest, waist, legs, back. And those are the only pieces that improve from the previous cycle. Episode 22 will have the new hands, feet, shoulders, head. And episode 23 will have the new weapon, jewelry, utility belt.

So yes, BN still drops the best available weapon until E 23 comes out and Demon's Plan still drops the best hands, feet, shoulders, head until E 22 omes out.

The newest Duo will drop 136 I believe, vendor gear is 138 and the raid gear is 140 (not sure on that one since I didn't get one of those).
    • Like x 1
  3. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Thanks, that's what it looked like. I have seen greens drop that were marginal improvements over Episode 20 BiS, though I can't for the life of me recall what they were. They might have just been until I had 140 gear in those slots.

While I like the new loot system, this is coming from a longtime player and I can't imagine how daunting it would be to learn all of this from the beginning. Game needs tutorials, for EVERYTHING.
  4. Veritasum Loyal Player

Yep, it's a little much, but just about everything else in the game can look daunting for a new guy.

On my main, I don't touch the green or blue gear that can be modded. If the green or blue improve my weapon, neck or belt, then I use it. But if it needs modding, then vendor gear or above only. On my alts, I take whatever improves my CR since I don't mod until I have best available at which point I use betas or alphas. Keeps it all manageable and doable so I can enjoy all the roles and different powers. Main all the time gets tiring sometimes!
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

Everything is 132 trash, 136 uncommon, 138 vendor and 140 rare, with the gold belt as the OP drop of the raid. Sice this month is only the 4 mentioned gear pieces as drops, 136 and 140 share the same loot table, with 132 being everything, anyone who doesn't want to raid could still level up to about 153 on the duo alone and 154 with the vendor.
    • Like x 1