Curious of your T6 Gear Modding

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, May 8, 2014.

1. Kristyana New Player

Dom/Health V Expert in all slots, same as always. I haven't gotten any T6 gear yet (been converting all my MoF to MoT to get the old styles and more feat points), and I'll hold off on modding it with T6 mods until we get Expert plans, which we know will be coming with the next DLC.
    • Like x 1
  2. Flightboy New Player

These are kind of my thoughts on the matter also.
  3. OM3GA 4 New Player

Exactly
  4. Larfleeze New Player

Synthetic precision v expert in everything, EVERYTHING
    • Like x 2
  5. Clutch_GT New Player

It's a glitch with Earth only basically if you have 2k + dom the extra dom won't transfer equally to your defense stat you'll miss out on w/e the difference is for example you have 8k defense and 1999dom your defense stat will go to 9999 but if you have lets say 2030 dom the 31 extra dom will not be tacked on to your defense. It's not game breaking bug since it's our secondary stat buff (negligible because of armor piercing) so i personally don't trip about it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Thanks for clarifying!
  7. Flightboy New Player

Is this tying into what BRITTENY/Kristyana said earlier, with how WM currently works?
  8. Larfleeze New Player

Not really sure what either of them said but my logic is this;
    Crit calculation in this game is multiplicative, not additive meaning that the +2.5% crit chance on blue sockets ends up being far, far less. The 10% Crit Magnitude Multiplier is the same way (iirc), but either way having 51/72 more Prec is better overall because of how few criticals we get in this game.
    Weapon Master blows anything my powerset (rage) can do out of the water once you hit about 130 SP. I'm currently sitting in just over 2200 Prec and seeing Homerun Swings regularly hit for over 15,000 damage. My Shuriken Storm each individually hits for ~1,500 - 2,000. The numbers are absolutely ridiculous if you have good gear and a decent amount of skill points.

So I decided to just dump Prec Experts in everything (used PvP marks, not MoF). I'm already stocked up with exo's/FE VI's for when the next DLC hits and there's a higher CR armor as well as expert plans and plan on using Prec VI Expert then, but for now the Synthetic Prec V Experts work fine.
    • Like x 1
  9. RSL New Player

some people won't mod it at all because "it's green" or "it's temporary". i prefer to bring my a-game in all content so i'm saving my marks and buying the most expensive 92 gear i can, replacing 90 gear before 91. i'm modding that 91 gear with t5 expert at the very least. some of it has t6 mods, if i have the focusing elements free. not buying them.
    • Like x 1
  10. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

For me right now temporary gear is all the CR89 and CR90 pieces, plus CR91 gear I expect to replace with CR92 soon. In the armor that's clearly temporary, I've settled on putting V Synth mods into those slots. The MoT to buy those from the SoT vendor is trivial now, and I'd be embarrassed to play high level content without at least a V mod in place. Once the style vendor switched, it's not like I have any real use for the 35K MoT I've accumulated anyway.

You can't really optimize for everything at once. If you spend MoF on Synth Expert mods, that lowers how fast you can buy CR92 gear. Use crafted expert mods and you're wasting some amount of resources that could go toward buying useful things. Selling bits instead of wasting them could help fund buying VI plans or VI focus elements. Real world $ spent on Total Recovery Kits to lower loss could fund T6 replays instead.

If you have every useful VI plan and unlimited money for focus elements, then you might burn game resources or real cash without having anything else to use them for. Until then, though, I don't think it's unreasonable to use V mods for temporary gear.
  11. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I think this is solid logic for most roles. The main spot where I think it's still debatable is tanking mods. I'm using WM Home Run swings as often as I can and they are epic. I still mod the two Red slots in tank armor with Might today. I'll probably switch to Precision at the next upgrade, but I don't regret picking Might for the first weeks of the T6 content.

There are two Tank specific issues here. You can't predictably hit the WM moves every time when swarmed with incoming attacks. There's an engineering concept that's useful here: the duty cycle, which is the percentage of the time you are active doing something intermittent.

Tanks who are dealing out might based damage over time should have near a 100% duty cycle for that. If you're any good at tanking you're always doing might damage as part of holding taunts. On fire for example, even if you get knocked down you can pop Burnout and get right back to might damage. Optimized for tanking I see Home Run swings hit 5K crits, but I've seen a WM combo Detonate hit 6K and just the initial hit of Inferno reach 2500. That's partly due to the second factor here--tank gear is low on precision and high on might. That gives might powers an advantage when you're geared for the tank role.

When your WM duty cycle is low compared to your Might powers, it could easily be the case that Might is more useful to you than Precision. Someone at a 0% weapon duty cycle will prefer Might powers that rarely misfire. At a 100% WM duty cycle Precision wins. Is Precision already better if you're in the middle of a successful WM combo 10% of the time? 20%? 50%? There's a crossover point somewhere between 0% and 100% WM use where Precision becomes better. That's the number needed for tanks to measure themselves against to make Might vs. Precision mods optimally. If anyone has analyzed this to that level yet, I haven't seen it.
  12. Gunny New Player

At the present time, stacking pure precision is the best output of damage - currently.

HOWEVER, your crits are still very important - both your ability and weapon crits.

With my 2350 precision/92 weapon right now, my highest hit was for 28000 damage using a homerun swing. Now, obviously this was by use of a trinket, supply drop, precision buff abilities, a defense debuff, and one very lucky crit.

The thing you need to keep in mind is that even with all of the emphasis on precision and weapon combos, you will STILL USE A MIGHT ABILITY at the end to optimize DPS - its hard to pass up guaranteed critical ticks - which do not happen if you don't have those affinities. You need a minimum of 28% critical ABILITY chance to obtain guaranteed crits on that might tick.

Considering after my HR swings, i'll use say....pyrokinesis to hit a GUARANTEED 3k hit - possibly two of them, it means that this damage is probably too important to pass up for an extra 50 precision off modding pure precision on those two ability crit chance affinities. The 3-6k, though seemingly insignificant to the possible 10k+ hits on several adds, keep in mind that those 10k+ are still CRITS that are only having at most a 30% chance to happen. That 3k is guaranteed. It could end up accounting for as much as a third of your damage in a combo.

------------------------------------------

All in all, AT THE CURRENT TIME, modding pure precision in your reds and following affinities (with precision/X of course) is likely the best option performance-wise. HOWEVER, I can say that its not impossible for might to end up playing a more important role in the future - be it changes to WM or improvements to abilities.

I'd say pure precision is better, but I cant quite conclude it with confidence earlier - that guaranteed crit might hit is not something that should be overlooked. I personally use precision/mights in my reds.
    • Like x 1