Cross -Platform with all Platforms

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SqweagyXbox, May 20, 2023.

1. SqweagyXbox New Player

Will we ever see cross plat form with all platforms? It’s only cross play with PlayStation and pc right now. I just want to see a united front (family) of all platforms communicating and playing together instead of Xbox and Nintendo being isolated. The raids and que times will be shorter due to more people being able to play with other masses. We would go from 65 people in metropolis on Xbox to maybe who knows player cap. I would love to see it one day. I stopped playing on PC to play with family on Xbox. Who do I contact ?

Fell DCUO players what’s your opinion ?
    • Like x 1
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Sony and Microsoft.
    When Xbox was better than Playstation (I wanna say during ps3, can't remember if it was ps4 too) Microsoft didn't want cross-play with Sony, they wanted people to buy an Xbox instead.
    Now that Playstation is superior, it's Sony who don't want cross-play with Microsoft.

As I understand it, the cross-play between Playstation and pc had something to do with previous owners of DCUO.

And hell no to cross-play with Switch. Not that I mind the players, but the inability to chat during cutscenes and the MASSIVE lag and crashes, as soon as there's more than 5 bodies to render on the screen.. just.. no thank you.
  3. myandria Item Storage

Who to contact? Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and WB/DC/Discovery (who hold the copyrights and allow Daybreak to purchase DC temporary license rights).

Sony and Xbox want to make sure that they make money when they allow cross platform for games. So, they look for games that not only have the potential to generate a lot of money, but also maintain high player interest and interaction. This is why the newer first person shooters get all of the cross platform/cross play love with no questions asked. There is also the issue of control of player's game accounts and in game purchases, which is not free. Cross platform is not an affordable option for many game companies.

Another issue is licensing rights; do they cover cross platform? DC is well known for keeping a tight hold of their copyrights and aside from console costs, this may be another large hurdle to overcome.

Nintendo is in it's own world and is not afraid to admit it. How many Nintendo games are truly cross platform/cross play? How many games are cross platform with Nintendo? Not many, and I think Nintendo likes it that way.

A topic that has come about more often in recent years is cross progression. Cross progression allows players to progress in a game on one platform and then continue that progress on another platform. Not all games have this function; however, more players are asking for it with each new game launch and requesting older games to implement this feature.
  4. SqweagyXbox New Player

I still would like to see cross platform with Xbox and PC seeing how Xbox is a Microsoft product and every computer has windows pretty much.