Crit chance not created equal

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DCspawn87, Apr 18, 2022.

1. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

I’ve always had a nagging feeling that my account is cursed. A few league mates of mine would sit in front of sparring targets and share loadouts/rotations. I would do exactly what they did (to their approval while watching) weapon taps and all but my 10/s parse would be 5k-10k lower than theirs. To take it a step further, we used the same amount of SP (580) and arts only to be given similar results. Saying all that, the glaring difference was the amount of and how hard my crits were hitting.

I’m not a scoreboard chaser by any means but I do want to put up an adequate amount of damage so I won’t be a detriment to the team.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

First I would check to make sure there is absolutely nothing different, if indeed you're trying to mimic their numbers. Tactical mods, augments, gear, allies, artifacts, top augments, generator mods, the whole nine yards.

It would seem there is something not matched with them, on first impression. Check their stats before entering combat, to see if your own are the same or extremely close. Sometimes it can boil down to using, for example, critical wired vs another head mod, or even a difference of 5,000 might. If everything is matched, then overall, considering the random crit chance, you should be very close to their numbers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Leonite Well-Known Player

Also, check the numbers in the combat parse in addition to the crit rate. If they're doing 10 hits in 10 secs and you're only doing 9 then they are going through the loadout rotation faster than you.
    • Like x 1