CR 210 Battle Tank

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dedrick, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Dedrick New Player

It's been quite a while since I actively played and I decided to come back, especially with the CR 210 jump and the House of El 2019 style. Basically I'm trying to decide which power set (well, kind of everything) would be best suited for a battle tank that will mostly be used solo, but still need to be able to perform well (not asking for amazing) in groups (though I doubt I'll do any PvP unless something I need requires me to, since I hate PvP). Also, should I use the Tank required gear or the general gear, when doing the CR 210 jump? I heard that Atomic was more self sufficient as a battle tank, but that was from over a year ago.

I don't really have a weapon preference, so whatever works best with the loadout. I guess after that I'm looking for a whole build/description of it that fits the playstyle I mentioned earlier. I know, not asking for much am I?:eek:
  2. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

The only viable battle tank, that I'm aware, is earth battle tank basically spamming Demolish. But you only get 81 sp or so whit that 210cr skip. Unless u have another toon whit a ton of sp. You may have to grid it abit. You can easily get 20sp+ a day if you try though.
  3. L T Devoted Player

Atomic or Earth. Both can do strong damage in Tank stance. As Earth you will likely run short on power as you Jackhammer.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Like LT said Atomic or Earth- I would add though with the base SP you get from skip to CR 210 you might nbe better off with Atomic as it's tank side is very power friendly.

would be best suited for a battle tank that will mostly be used solo, but still need to be able to perform well (not asking for amazing) in groups

For solo's, duos and even 4-man instances you could just use your tank gear and spec to might / power and you should be fine since most of your stats come from your gear. I would recommend either getting an armory or respeccing before going into 8-man content though as gearing up is pretty easy now. On my Atomic, I do everything below raids in Tank gear, with all my SP set for damage.
    • Like x 3
  5. American Valor New Player

Awesome information I also have an atomic tank and been trying to figure out why I stink in 4+ teams never consider having two different builds in cr eq. I have always just geared my eq to tank and just pushed through. A new friend pointed me to the forums to check out tanking.
  6. Tat Level 30

Can anyone provide links for atomic battle tanking? I'd like to learn more about it. Thank you
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/an-unstable-guide-to-atomic.264647/

Atomic battle tanking is pretty much just regular tanking with your might and damage stats maxed out. The goal is to keep doing combos, which keeps your aura up, heals you, and does damage.

You have choices for your load out, but basic is:
    2 combo powers
    2 shortcut powers (a heal and group breakout are useful)
    1 SC
    1 range pull

As a tank one of the biggest benefits of Atomic is being able to pull enemies through your team members.

You want shortcuts to get your aura up quickly, and 1 shortcut is a group breakout which you want anyway, and another is a self heal which works well when taking lots of damage.

Mass Density SC is one of the strongest shields in the entire game, so it’s also nice to have.

The important part about the shortcuts is sometimes you lose your aura and need to get it back again ASAP. You can also get interrupted during combos, so you want 2 shortcuts in case 1 is on cool down.

Once your aura is up you just focus on doing combos, which also will CC adds, and mix in your range pulls for new adds, self heals when needed, group breakout when needed.

All the above is just basic Atomic tanking. For battle tanking you want to Max your might and damage stats while also maxing your health and keeping your dominance above the minimum for your tier raids.

Check On Duty for the raids in your tier and you will see the minimum Dom needed to CC adds. You always want to keep your Dom above that when battle tanking. Having all your tank gear will easily keep you above the min dom. Aggressive battle tanks will start to replace tank gear with DPS gear to push their might even higher. You can also create an armory that uses your might augments with your tank gear on.

Usually for alerts being a battle tank is fine. For raids it usually only makes sense if you know what you’re going and have enough SP to keep your health and might both high enough to stay alive while doing damage. I’ve seen really good battle tanks easily out damage DPS players with lots of adds around. For bosses good tanks always prioritize keeping themselves and everyone else alive.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your info is good for tanking, but not battle tanking.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

From what I've seen and played there are 3 options for battle tanking. Now this is good for anything, except elite content.

Earth - might based
    Ice - precision based
    Atomic - might based

Earth wins hands down because of jackhammer. Ice comes in 2nd, but requires the most amount of skills points to be possible and is all about the bow/smoke bomb. Atomic does decent damage, but nothing like earth.

There are no guides to reference. Not alot of people like battle roles, and will feed you wrong information.

I can only speak, loud out wise, on atomic. I use Adam splitter, beta surge, sonic cry, robot sidekick, electron flare, and super charge atomic blast. Use the SC on groups of NPC. It's very much like the old munitions biggun.

Again, this works in most normal content, but not elite.

Just use tank gear. Dps gear will make you to squishy and is no longer needed.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

For a good atomic tank loadout, look up obsidian chills newest video. It's very good. Atomic face tanking. This is very good for elite and newer players that do not understand how to tank the NPCs in throne or CoT.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ice is pretty awesome also. Well, bow/smoke bomb is.