Covid-19

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Don't know if there is already a thread but who here has gotten this virus? And if so, what were your experiences with it? I got it(came down with it Thanksgiving week) and while it was no picnic, I didn't have as much of a hard time with it as some. I had the body aches, fever, chills and the subsequent sweats, no appitite, the covid fog, bit of a nagging cough but the worst part was I couldn't sleep to save my life but this might have more to do with me stressing over closing on my house than anything else. I didn't lose the sense of taste or smell. Took me 2 1/2 weeks before I started feeling like myself. My wife had a little harder time than I but she got the right meds for her cough and she ended up fine. Kids had alight fevers for a couple of days and a little cough but they were fine after that. The whole house got it because by the time they told me I was positive(I get tested every week) which was on Black Friday, I was already symptomatic and quarantining myself was pointless(my wife was feeling it by that time as well). A bunch of my colleagues got it around the same time and unfortunately we lost 2 from it in 3 weeks.
    My biggest complaint was my doctor and the hospital when I went to the ER one day. Neither didn't a damned thing for me. They kept on saying, "just treat the symptoms" so I literally got through this on my own with absolutely no help from the medical profession. I sat in the ER for 5 hours and they didn't even offer my so much as a glass of water.
    Anyhoo, I'm fine now, been back to work since 12/26 after missing a month of work(thank God for sick and vacation time) and we're all good but my father-in-law who I've spoken about before here(he's a cancer survivor and the first to go through T-cell immunotherapy) is still in the hospital and has been so since 12/5 so keep him in your prayers. So, who else got this and how did you make out?
    • Like x 2
  2. Controller Devoted Player

My oldest son caught it over the summer - from a small gathering of friends and they were all masked.

He struggled with slightly high fever, and some nauseousness for a little over a week. The high fevers came at night and subsided by the end of that week, thankfully.

We all went to Social Distance mode after that in our home.

I "think" I caught it from him after that. I wasn't 100% sure and didn't make it to the hospital to check but I had a slightly high fever and some general discomfort for about a week then felt better. I social-distanced just to be safe.

The main thing is I hope people mask up....even those who don't exhibit symptoms can still pass it onto others. I think we still have some bad weeks/months ahead of us dealing with this thing.

I hope everyone stays safe, wash your hands and be vigilant.

Praying for your family, Rock.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I know where I caught it. From work. I work in corrections and it's a place where social distancing is near impossible. And even though the state provides with us a surgical mask on a daily basis it's my opinion that the state didn't do enough to protect us.