Not A Bug Cosmic Chroma brightness

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Templeton, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Templeton Active Player

Hello there! I have already posted this on the main announcement for the new booster bundle so my apologies in advance for double posting.
    You've done a great job with this bundle I really appreciate it, especially the Nebula aura, looks really enticing! However I couldn't help but notice something different from the current Cosmic Chroma and the original Cosmic material from 2016 bundle and I'm not sure if it's intended or a visual bug. The brightness of the stars of the new Cosmic Chroma is noticeably lower than the brightness of the 2016 one. And it's not my game's video settings, I have noticed by mistake while around Watchtower and could compare the new Chroma to the original one. Is there a chance we could have the brightness of the stars increased on the new one? I'm not asking for foul play or anything like that, this isn't gonna make new Chromas throw dust in the eyes of people who bought the original Cosmic material, no, they will always be different. But I'm just saying, the stars look so vapid and weak on the new one..
    I will show a comparison picture as soon as I find someone with the original cosmic material again, to show the difference.
    • Like x 3
  2. Templeton Active Player

Female character uses Dark Cosmic Chroma. Male Character uses Cosmic material.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The big stars are from movement type I just realised but focus on the stars on materials, the Cosmic material on male character stars shine brighter than the ones on the female character wearing Dark Cosmic Chroma.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All of your images are broken.
  4. Templeton Active Player

What do you mean?
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

They don't display on the forums. I tried opening them in a new tab, and I'm asked to sign in to a Microsoft account. My guess is that you need to make the images public.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
  7. Templeton Active Player

8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are you uploading the images to an image sharing site?
  9. Templeton Active Player

Sorry, I never uploaded images on forums before, I'm used to just upload directly from PC, this URL thing is new to me.
  10. Templeton Active Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

How about now, do you see them?
    • Like x 2
  11. Templeton Active Player

[IMG]

Even better example, look at the star on Cosmic Chroma (left) and look at the one on Cosmic Material (right). Can we please have the new chroma's cosmic part more... cosmic?
  12. Lara Committed Player

Is that normal cosmic or this new one?
  13. Templeton Active Player

Normal cosmic on male character, and cosmic chroma on female character.
  14. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Yeah i agree. I'm not sure whether this was intended or not. If not, then please increase the brightness of the stars are they are very very dull on the Cosmic Chroma.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended. I appreciate the feedback, but in this case we like that there is a subtle difference - more choice for players - and we like the way it looks.

We're also always extremely hesitant to change the visuals of something that's been released, especially in the marketplace, capsule, or booster, because other people may have taken the time/money out to get it because of how it looks. So, because it is relatively subtle and intended, changing it really isn't under consideration.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I kinda like the way the Cosmic Chroma looks on live now, and a little pallette tweaking brings color tonality into line with the color channel output for the Cosmic Skin.