Controller XB360 issue

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Lurkermon, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Lurkermon New Player

When I load the launcher, click on the advance tools, then click on game configuration, the next window pops up like it should. That is when I don't have xb360 controller connected.

When it is connected and I click on game configuration it gives me the window below.

[IMG]

It isn't detected by the game at all, though windows sees it. Had some driver errors with the controller but thought I fixed them as it works with other games.

I'll try updating a few things like .net (though I thought I already had), but I can't seem to figure it out.
  2. Lurkermon New Player

Still trying to solve this. Found THIS in old forums. Nothing was resolved it seemed, at least in that thread.

>>>basically the same thing. went from old computer to new one and it doesn't work on DCUO. Everything else, the controller works dandy.

I tried in installing sdk, .net, and vs again which I don't think I really needed to. Same error though.

Did fresh install in another directory. Same deal.
  3. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

This is typically a permissions issue. Please follow the instructions below to see if it resolves your problem.

1. Right-click on your Sony Online Entertainment folder.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Go to the Security tab.
    4. Select Edit.
    5. Select Users (YOURNAME\Users)
    6. In the Allow column, select Full control.
    7. Apply those permissions, and try again.

Try running the game as administrator if you continue to have problems.
  4. Lurkermon New Player

Thank you for reply, but that didn't seem to fix it. I can share the details it has in the drop down menu if needed.

>>going to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\DC Universe Online\UNREAL3\BINARIES\WIN32

And running dcuooptions.exe with and without admin gives the same error. Even with the controller unplugged.
  5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

At his point, I highly suggest submitting in a support ticket so we can further trouble shoot your issue. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag/Msinfo in order to expedite the process.
  6. Lurkermon New Player

Don't ask me what me think of this, but I tried plugging in the controller AFTER the game was launched (at the character select screen). And... it works! ;)

No clue how/why. In the past the game wouldn't work if I plugged in the controller before I launched, so I was making sure it was connected before hand then opening it up.

Other way around seems to work now. Not sure if the permission stuff you suggested made it happen, but I'd like to say that I REALLY am happy with the service you guys try and provide around here. thank you.