Content Is King

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Radioactive Spider, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Radioactive Spider New Player

Adding more content will keep the game fresh for veterans and casuals alike. All we are getting is "bite" size DLCs that take about 1 week for the veterans and 1 month for the casuals to complete. The 3 month DLC cycle isn't going to work in the long run as an "MMO". When people jump into new MMOs (Massive Multiplayer online), they are looking for new content each month that are "bite" size with big expansion packs every 6 months that will take players many months to complete. Instead of having bite size DLCs with less new environments, feats and gear, why not give us a massive new world to explore with much to do?

I would be willing to bet there is a large crowd in the DCUO community who would be willing to wait every 6 months for massive content updates that include a new Tier set with 3-4 new raids, 2-4 new alerts, 2-4 new duos and a new open world half the size of Gotham or Metropolis.
    • Like x 1
  2. Little Sister New Player

Don't use replays.
    • Like x 8
  3. Caleus New Player

Perfect summary of how replays ruined the game ever since they were implemented.
    • Like x 1
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

I' not sure why you think those are two different groups.

I like the 3 month DLC cycle. I love getting new content, so the sooner the better. Half a year is too long of a wait.
    • Like x 1
  5. Radioactive Spider New Player

The game should be called DC Universe Replay Badges Online. They are trying to find more uses for replay badges like the upcoming Feat Unlocking. Makes you wonder if the skill points revamp system will include options to use replay badges to boost your stats.
    • Like x 1
  6. Poo New Player

I will agree that replays were a bad idea (for the gamers) but, what would anyone do without them. Would you wait a week or even (A MONTH) to re run content? There's just not enough content to justify that.

If there were other things to do, like having alts that matter (crafters ect.) yeah. But there is no "meat and potatoes" here.
    • Like x 3
  7. Radioactive Spider New Player

exactly... i do not think these new dlcs give us enough content for a 3 month period. replay badges are not the big issue, it's the content they are giving us that is the bigger issue.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aesthete Well-Known Player

you expect too much. They cant just release stuff like that it takes time be patient and stay away from replay ur new content will come soon.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Actually I am putting my money on the Halls of Power DLC to be the big homerun DLC of the year, perhaps bigger than OC.
  10. Archangel Rafael New Player

If you burn through DLCs in a week, it's your own fault. Ease back on the replays. Find a 2nd hobby. Go outside.
    • Like x 1
  11. Albatross Well-Known Player

I think this could be a possibility = since they won't be rewrking metro and gotham anymore for the crowd that likes open world solo stuff.
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

You dont need replays to get burned out on this last DLC.

We get the best gear from every boss in AnB and the 4 man ops are daily and only drop 1 style...Even the manhunter parts and yellow lantern side missions are weekly and not daily

I had to AVOID running AnB entirely on my main for a week just to try to make sure I had things to do on him in a little bit, but next time I ran on him, 3 pieces of gear I could use
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Replays didn't ruin the game, Players abusing the use of Replays ruined the game.

The OP does have a good point. I mean seriously, look how much content OC had and look how much content WOTL has -.- SOT had little content too, but it was fun and time consuming so theoretically, it was ok. On the other hand, you shouldn't replay content and then complain when you're bored. Likes like purposely putting your hand on an open flame and then complaining about the burn when you knew the consequences. I highly doubt the Devs would ever put a restriction on how many RB's are bought by players because it's their main source of income ATM.
    • Like x 1
  14. helvetica New Player

I'd take that bet and cash in. :)

They don't have the resources (staff) to put out more than the amount of content they're putting out, in the timeline they're working with.
    • Like x 1
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

They're actually hiring/ hired more people to do things. (I forgot what exactly they were hiring for) but whatever it is impacts game play, so hopefully we see new amazing things soon. I still don't know why they let go so many people last year. That wasn't after OC was it?
  16. GreenNGo Well-Known Player

Yes I'd rather wait a week to run the content again, which I already do. I've reset 1 thing and only one thing ever, A&B. That's it, and it still took me 2 days to find a group who could beat it.