Confirmed? DCUO coming to Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, May 23, 2019.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

Now im again shocked by DCUO, i was worried about it not lasting past 2019. But its seems like its got plenty left to kick, But are they going to address some of the issues, or are we simply disregarding everything on Switch like the XboxONE?
    • Like x 2
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Would be funny if you had only available on Nintendo Switch new mentors / Nintendo legends... Mario, Donkey and Diddy Kong, The Princess Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Kirby, Luigi, Toad, Rosalina, Wario, Link, Princess Zelda, Simon Belmonte, Alucard, Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardo, Samus Aran.

Imagine Shattered Gotham raid with a fractured and destroyed Rainbow Road with any of the 8 above. Or imagine any of our DCUO toons invading the castle to save the Princess!, or Instead of House of Mystery, you're in Draculas Castle etc.
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

No, just no.. xD
    • Like x 1
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."
    • Like x 1
  6. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

ok, can someone please explain how this worked? not switch in general, true or not but DCUO was first released under SOE, Sony Online Entertainment, It was a PS3 an PC game. I know its now Daybreak, but was SOE bought or did SOE sell DCUO, was it just a name change? Im just curious how it came that a Sony game has now come out on a Microsoft system an potentially Switch maybe at some point, because for me the way I see it is like this, that'd be like Halo coming to PS4 or God of War goin to Xbox, Mario coming to PS4/Xbox/PC, PC is the true middle man, they just get everything so no comparison there lol
  7. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Who knows maybe it's all a part of those talks Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have been having about crossplay. But I wouldn't hold my breath at that because that was last year's E3 news
  8. Sivulla Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I of course saw this coming months ago in a thread that has now been deleted
    [IMG]
    Take that doubters!
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

SOE was sold and became it's own entity. The reason why it works is because daybreak has a license to DC Comics not to Sony. On the other hand, Sony is the reason why cross-play won't happen. It doesn't play nice with others.
    • Like x 1
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

With Dauntless now being cross play I don't know what to believe anymore.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I don't see this succeeding, i think it'll be another dead server like xbox, but i wish the devs luck.
    • Like x 3
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

The switch can handle DCUO?:confused:o_O
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

It can handle Warframe. DCUO is an 8 year old game running on a 12 year old engine. Is not as demanding on current tech as people think. It all comes down to optimisation.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rainnifer Committed Player

It seems they are struggling on the part about optimization, atleast for PC. Looking at all these crashes... and other things. Hopefully they don't have the same issue with the Switch if they want it to be successful on there.
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

This game has needed attention for sometime now but we can see their priorities are elsewhere. I expect the Switch to have the same issues and more.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

SOE was a division of Sony, Sony sold SOE to an investor who renamed the company Daybreak Games. Since the company was no longer affiliated with Sony in any way, they were free to expand to other platforms (which they did and are in the process of doing according to what's being posted here). That simple (minus all the behind the scenes stuff we aren't privy to). :)
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I seen it Nov 1st 2017 when they announced they were dropping ps3 support.
    ... now if I could see them mega millions/powerball or even the state lottery numbers.
  18. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

PvP is popular on Switch...
  19. MAtgS1 New Player

No sane reason to not at least have an XB1/Switch shared server. Especally when Minecraft/Rocket League/Fortnite have all been promoting crossplay between the 2 platforms.
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I would think Legends (both PvP and PvE) would be popular on Switch. It’s easy access and in the vein of Smash Brothers (where you play against each other as recognizable corporate icons).
    • Like x 1