Combine PS3/PC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CaptainPoptart, Jan 20, 2015.

1. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

DCUO is actually dry on pc don`t you guys think its time to like merge ps3/pc and just have dcuo on ps4
  2. EP Ice Loyal Player

I'm going to have to say no on this one. I have leaguemates/friends on the PS3 and I don't want to lose them.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They can't. It's actually two separate companies that are giving you online access to the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No on so many levels.
    • Like x 6
  5. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Why on earth would you split the PS servers to bolster the population on the PC servers?

And wouldn't we just get a flood of posts complaining that the PS3 players are now holding the PC players back, how the PC players are alienating and excluding the PS3 players, or how PS3 players are getting screwed over in PvP due to hax or (the apparent) superiority of mouse and keyboards over controllers?
  6. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

I'm gonna say no to this. Console and PC gamers should never be allowed to paly together
  7. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

:(

But I want to be paly with my PC brethren.
  8. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Ha that doesnt fly in this game, there is no M&K superiority over Controller in DCUO. If anything the combat system is perfectly designed for a controller and plays like many old console games (PS1/2 eras to be precise)
    • Like x 1
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

No, just think of the name change problems, league rights, etc. NO means no.
  10. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Well, that I did not know. I've never been fond of M&K for gaming....but usually you hear about how they're superior to controllers.
  11. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

/waves:)
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

No offense or anything but PvP would be a trainwreck.
    Mouse + Keyboard > Controller.
    Not to mention people's name overlapping etc.
  13. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

/waves back

Or should that be /"waves back"? Stupid emotes...I can never remember when / if quotes are required.
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not so convince of that.

I use a controller on PC... and I do fine in PVP VS what I assume is mostly Mouse + Keyboard players.
  15. Radium Devoted Player

M/K is better if the person is used to it, but not like it was.

Back when clipping was much more involved compared to now you could make a strong argument for this not happening, the fact is that the game has been slowed down a bit which brings the possibilities of K/M closer to controller than ever before.

I like to use Utility Belts as a good example of disparity. An input for an activation on a controller requires 3 button pushes while the PC uses only 1. Not a huge advantage but small advantages eventually add up.
    • Like x 1
  16. Richy New Player

oh wow nooo bad enough people typing stupid stuff in the trade chat everyday 24/7 i think it goes on for that long not sure
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

I saw this earlier and I'm surprised nobody mentioned the obvious. It's impossible to separate PS3 from PS4. The login is a PSN account. I can run back and forth between my PS3 and PS4 at-will to play Sore. Playstations are simply tied to PSN accounts and SOE is not going to be able to convince Sony that PS3's should be switched over to Station accounts.

If anything you'd have to merge all PSN with Station. There are surmountable business challenges to that is Sony was willing to play ball with SOE. It seems they are not. But they could be. Just look at how Steam is willing to play ball with SOE. It can't be that different. It's just that console administrators are protective of their highly lucrative niche.