Circe's Stronghold

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Chilog, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Chilog Well-Known Player

So whenever I am doing the solo instance Circe's Stronghold I always try to revive all the amazonians (cause I like saving people) and whenever i do revive them they stay for a while then leave. When they do leave all the enemies they past by come running at me and i get a group of about 25 enemies trying to kill me! Last time i did this solo i was 72 CR and i barely passed the solo to get the feat where I don't die ( I think it's the school of hard knocks).
    I had barely survived a wave of them in healer role using nature supercharge regeneration 2 times!! home turf orbital strike, supply drop, sidekick, and atlantean sea chanter. I have the orbital strike, supply drop, and sidekick unlocked till the 3rd generator battery. This is bad to the players that reach 43 CR and are able to do this solo. If I could barely pass this how can they? Also, I'm not just gonna not save the amazonians to avoid this.
  2. Ebon Angel New Player

No matter the mission, there is always a strategy to completing it successfully. I really don't know your technique but as Nature, Vine Lash will help you pull some of the adds away from the pack. Also, running into a mob will be harder for a healer to fight due to the dmg mitigation. You really do not need any Home Turf stuff to complete this. Even if you do this in DPS stance, try to fight around the fringes and develop a plan of action. If anything, the T3 challenges are helpful in fine tuning your fight/role skills.
    This is one of the more difficult challenges but if you are still having problems, it might be better for you to drop the HT assistance and work on your actual abilities and skills. Also, skill points are beneficial. The more you have, the more powerful your toon. Rule of thumb is generally that your skill points should be higher than your CR.
    PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - it will get better if you really work at it.
    Hope this helps. Good luck!
    • Like x 2
  3. Chilog Well-Known Player

Thanks you are right and I think i will try to find a good strategy, but when i don't want to take a while and try to get through this solo to do something else I don't want to have to struggle with this.
  4. Jamie New Player

I remember running this with lower tier gear and it could be rough at times as a fire tank. A healer will be even worse. If you don't have any pulls you can also try ranging an enemy at a time to get them to come to you. The last thing you want to do is rush in.
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I had a bug there lately, when the mobs, which usually show up behind you as an ambush after defeating specific mobs in front of you didn't show up first. They appeared later and came all at once after me, which is why I was just dead.

Btw., since it's a T3-challenge, the CR-requirement for it should be 53, not 43.
    You should do the challenges in DPS-role and -gear, if you have.
    You can get those feats easily, if you ask a WW-mentored toon to get you into the WW-instances. You should do that anyway, because some mentor-instances are only available that way and not as challenge, and there are also greens, blues and additional feats to get.
  6. Vyltran Loyal Player

Stronghold isn't hard. Your only obstacle would be if your are laggin' or takes you too much time defeating adds..
  7. Chilog Well-Known Player

I did pass it and got the feat i was just saying it was tough with the get mobs. I only have healer gear so i don't think I will DPS gear. You are right it is 53 CR.
  8. YodaDog New Player

You can build a DPS set just keeping the drops of the challenges and soloes you're already doing anyway.
    These challenges will go by FAR faster with lame DPS gear than great healer gear.
    You're lookin at it the wrong way, IMHO. Once you get the feats done, dont stress the side mission thingies. Your real mission is to get in and out of there as quick as possible with the loot. This is an MMO. Time is the real game and Time Management is the name of that game.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ebon Angel New Player

While I admire the "need for speed", since there is no tutorial for the game, the challenges are a way to develop an eye for enemy tells and mechanics that can assist you in your role without impacting other players. Too many times I have seen in chat "need help with Penguin". My husband likes to say "Sometimes you ARE the help!"
    Everything in the game can be used to develop a better player. Maybe then we won't have so many " this role player failed" topics. Well, I can hope...
    Happy hunting!
  10. YodaDog New Player

Not really. Farming bits, running the vault, saving amazons, booster gold missions, a million other examples... none of these things make you better at your role. You learn your role in groups with other players. Take all day and hunt down every little side mission every time, thats cool. But failing to do so is absolutely never the reason for anyone failing at their role. Thats ridiculous. You run those solos in healer stance and you gain nothing. You only lose time. While you're trying to figure out how to heal in Circe's Stronghold, Ive already finished all four t3 challenges, repecced, and now Im healing FOS2 where I might actually learn something about playing my role.
  11. Ebon Angel New Player

That's why people play their way. Some folks want to rush to the end while others want the journey. Fast doesnt always equal good just like CR doesn't necessarily equal skill. Since this is a game, you can't really lose time. The distraction is usually the attraction for this game as the social aspect is just as important to many. My comments were directed to the OP and I wanted to encourage him in what appeared to be a difficult quest for him. And no where in these comments am I implying that how you play is anything but a great way for YOU to play. I wish everyone a great gaming experience.