Chronological Play Order

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Daxx Armetrius, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Daxx Armetrius New Player

Does anyone have a chronological list of Solo/Duo/Alert/Raids separated by Episode/Plot?

For example, if I wanted to play through the entire Brainiac War/Paradox Wave, unbroken so I could get the full story, which events would I run in which order?

For example, Tier 4 begins with Prime Battleground, the conclusion of Brainiacs War on Earth, and introduced Future Crusader Batman to the player canonically. This is also the end of Episode: Battle for Earth.

But we don't return to that story line until AFTER Episodes: Hand of Fate and Last Laugh, well into Tier 5 with Test Subject and The Hunt. (Not going to comment on the lack of Tier 5 Duos).

So, is there a comprehensive Play This Order list anywhere?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you go into the Feats tab, the Episodes section will lists all of the episodes in release order. That's probably the best starting spot, but after that it's a matter of matching up which episodes might be continuations of others.

Amazon Fury is the easiest to follow as it had three distinct episodes with that name, but things get a little trickier with other episodes and content, especially with the content between Halls of Power 2 and Amazon Fury 3. Those were all monthly content releases, and while some were standalone pieces of content (Bombshell Paradox for one) others were continuations of older content (War of the Light and Halls of Power finished in that content stretch) or were their own mini stories (three parts of content in there with Harley and Ivy following one storyline).
  3. Daxx Armetrius New Player

Yeah that's what me and my gf have been doing as we go on our Feats Sweep, but even then I realized (as you said) not all episodes are as simple as I-II-III, and some don't give obvious connection in the description. Like, Doomsday Resurgence was introduced two years ago, but then it was made permanent and falls somewhere between 10—30?
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Death of Superman content is a bit of an odd duck. LOL It was brought in as a celebration of Superman's anniversary and made permanent content, but they kept it open to all players like they do with seasonal events or Event versions of new content.

As for where that falls in the timeline, there's some reference to Doomsday having been sent to the Phantom Zone by Supergirl's mother, which I think falls in line with some of the Kryptonian content released during the monthly content releases. It can be found in the investigations/briefings in the open world section of Doomed Metropolis, by the way. If you want to do that chronologically you'd probably want to wait to run the Death of Superman after you've run all that monthly content between Halls of Power 2 and Amazon Fury 3, but it means leaving a source of regular/additional Source Marks on the table if you do so.

Sometimes it takes searching through the feats available in the content and reading the descriptions to see where things might fit in the timeline and where to go next, which I admit could be a bit frustrating if not time consuming.