Chill Effect removed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chaoticRE, Sep 1, 2014.

1. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

I couldn't reply in the test server since I'm not on test, but I'm reading that the chill effect has been taken out of ice if using the Max damage tactical mod. Was this intended? And I'm not going to use this if I don't get my ice armor and chill effects, definitely not worth losing that.
  2. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Looks like it. We will find out tomorrow.

This is another reason we need a PS test server. The PC player base are just not as active as PS. It really feels like the real testing is done on live PS.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

you ready to shell out for server costs? lets not forget every time you wanna patch it PSN needs $$, you paying to maintain that server?
    • Like x 3
  4. Ice Lantern New Player

Getting approval to change something on PSN will take too long for it to be worthwhile for purposes of testing. I would rather they just allow me to link my station account to my PSN account so I can access the test server on PC.
    • Like x 3
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

if you wanna test out the powers then pay up 15 dollars for legendary on pc, bug searches dont matter since PS3 run on a different coding then PS4 and PC
    • Like x 2
  6. DC-Doll New Player

So...How's celestial looking these days?
  7. tman Well-Known Player

but the stuff works on pc the problem is on ps things dont run the same
    • Like x 1
  8. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Sony paying sony is the reason against ps test server. Heard it all now lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Prosser Dedicated Player

What does this have to do with a PS test server? This was already discovered, and has been discussed in multiple threads.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lightws Dedicated Player

If you think this is true then I have no words for you. Besides the fact that the majority of us have already complained about both Max dmg for ice and ingeneral. Besides the multiple patchings the PC test server people has reported to the devs. For not only raid content but alert content as well. If you really think you the PS live server test all the bugs then this conversation is over.
    • Like x 2
  11. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

/\/\

Thats the problem people use the test forum to complain not TEST. Chill effects is a pi. The ice armour was a problem with max damage. Seems there is a bug when they change ice armour that messed up ice pi.
  12. Lightws Dedicated Player

This was reported DAY ONE of max dmg being out. So what are you talking about? Don't try to act as if PC testers haven't reported this already. Numerous of our ice users have already told the devs. They have been "working on a fix" since then or so they say. When it will actually be fixed who knows when do they fix any content on time. But don't act as if the people who test (myself included) do not report anything so there fixed before hitting live. That's like a slap in the face to the majority of the testers which there's a long list of them.
    • Like x 3
  13. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

So chill effects were not working day one? You do not even know what you are talking about.

Problem 1. Max damage doesnt override ice armor.

Which as you said was reported and the "fix" cause a bug in chill effects that we are talking about.

Problem 2. Chill effects are not working with max damage.
    I seen very little test feedback on this.

Maybe it was reported but sadly the testung forum are mainly used for pc player to complain straight to the dev. Very testing feedback in that forum.

Like normal ps player will get it fix in a hotfix later this week.
  14. Lightws Dedicated Player

This conversation was over when you clearly didn't understand what was said. How about you get back to me when you can test it?

I forgot oh holy PS4 test/live server. what a joke. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Guys please keep it about the effect or go back to one of the other threads about PS test servers, I just wanted to know if this was intended >.<
    • Like x 1
  16. Lightws Dedicated Player

They have already stated they were trying to fix it so im sure its not.
  17. Dalae Well-Known Player

18. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Doubt they even know about the bug yet. Since they never addressed it directly.

It cannot be intended. It was only to disable ice armour.

We have to just open a bug report when it hit live tomorrow.
  19. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Off topic - If only more people would read your Sig. I would love to use a 2,2,2,2 setup in a raid. Guess they would just need some sort of timer and two teleporters so you would have to beat two bosses in x amount of time.

On topic SOE is making money hand over fist due to mostly to micro transactions and subscribers. In the old PlayStation game Everquest Online Adventures (Frontiers) they implemented a test server. In the statistics for SM they mentioned over 38,000 people attempted it. Let's say only half of those accounts were legendary. While SoE or any recent MMO will not be forthcoming with this type of info, subcribers and more importantly micro transactions make their yearly projected earnings better for a title of this nature.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ice Lantern New Player

Nah, I'm not gonna pay to do the devs' work for them. Mind you I would do it better than they can (I actually have software QA experience) but I'm not gonna pay for that privilege.