Character Design Series

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solstice Vanguard, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

I've made a series for my YouTube chanel featuring character customization styles for those that desire to view beyond perspective of just creating a "cool" attire and instead inject themes and character to what I concoct.

As one of my passions that I love in many games featuring the option, DCUO has been thriving in this department for me and I've taken advantage of utilizing my female avatar to curate some fantastic styles for everyone.

The Joy of Designing is an inspired series from the great Bob Ross, whom I've watched since I was 4 years old. I try to incorporate the same passion he has, but into this medium and so far it has been a tranquil journey for me.

I still have styles I'll be uploading this week and I would love to have some feedback or even suggestions from you guys here on the forum. To answer some common inquiries regarding to this series:

•Yes, I've expanded into other series bit DC Universe Online is where I've started and, quite frankly, is why I log into this game: styles!

•Yes I'm a male that exclusively uses female avatars, as it is something I just love for character embodiment and to give a sense of character to the gender i.e. lore, story origins, overall design. As a 6'9 male, I've no shame to share what I love about the natural goodness of a woman. I do, however, have a male avatar and will feature some styles in my upcoming episodes.

•I've inputted time into my designs and it's literally to showcase the importance of the feature and how to create an identity for yourself instead of just throwing on items to create one big mess; see Little Bohemia to comprehend what I mean.

•Surprisingly (and quite sadly in a sense), I've been inquired about my speech impediment and yes, I do tend to stutter a lot due to excitement. However, I'm getting better in that area and all I ask is patience.

•I normally focus on original creations and styles that are obscure to the many (for example "Valkyrie Profile Lenneth" and "Destiny" class styles) but recently I've came up with some inspired designs based on comic characters like Batwoman Beyond and Live Wire.

•I currently hold 175 skill points on three characters right now. Currently, I accrue at my own pace.

If you have any comments, requests, or inquiries I'm all open for them. Be blessed and happy designing.

• Like x 3
  2. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

To the moderators/Admins of the forums: I truly request that this thread is stickied for educational purposes and just for the sake of keeping this topic alive. I want to update and inform the players here of any new videos to come instead of creating new threads. It's all I ask. :)

Captain Marvel (inspired from the new fighting game announcement by Capcom "Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite".

• Like x 2
  3. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

An original--yet daring--design inspired from the character "Lord of Darkness" from the masterful movie "The Legend". Watch thay movie now if you haven't.

4. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

An original Kryptonian design (instead of "just another Superman" character).

• Like x 2
  5. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

A creative spin on Livewire.

• Like x 2
  6. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

"Lady Spartan", a homage to Jim Lee's earlier comic works "WILD C.A.T.S and a favorite artist of mine. Something in would love to see in this game.

7. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

I don't like creating Anime characters in DCUO due to the over-population of DBZ, Bleach and Naruto characters roaming the streets of Little Bohemia in Metropolis. However, I was challenged to create one, thus "Lady Saitama" was born. She's inspired from "One Punch Man".

• Like x 1
  8. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

In homage to the player and YouTuber "Starrysky Gaming", an inspired style with my own creative twist.

9. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

My own inspired Starfire style.

• Like x 1
  10. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Female cos-play variation of Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

• Like x 1
  11. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I really enjoy this aspect of the game, so of couse I love seeing what people did and what their thinking was in how they went about it. Thanks for sharing! It was a nice chill watch before bed.

Now I'm gonna be that guy...

Imma be that "greedy Lantern" that everyone is sure to hop on so that no one else has to. I'd like to see outfits inspired by each of the various Lantern Corps this way. I like that you don't do exactly what is expected and I'd love to see how you go about making an outfit from each color. With all the thinking you put into your styles, I think you could convey more than just an emblem and a color, but also the appropriate emotion.
  12. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

That's a challenge I will gladly accept! I'll be sure to credit you in my "Spectrum" series. Granted, I don't have all of the Lantern Emblems but this is definitely a new thing for me. :D

Thanks again brethren.
    • Like x 1
  13. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

She-Ra: Princess of Power.

14. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

Liked that Capt Marvel style! Maybe I will try something similar on my character...
    • Like x 1
  15. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

New video: Raven inspired cos-play.

16. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Thank you!
  17. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Looking forward to it! The emblems are fairly inexpensive if you shop the broker and wait for reasonable prices... Except for White and Black. Those will always be pricey.
  18. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Most definitely!! :D
  19. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Original Kryptonian Style

20. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

New video:

Requested by Kaegrim, my mini-series will be dedicated towards inputting my own creative interpretationsolutions of the Lantern Spectrum, each with a branding of the Lantern Corp emblem.

To start off, I give you my spin on the Red Lantern style.

• Like x 1