Character Creation Idea Help

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TripleC123, Dec 14, 2013.

1. TripleC123 New Player

This thread is to help those who are struggling with either anything character related. It could range from color choices to powers to mentors to even names. If you want help, you've come to the right place. I'll get the ball rolling.

I have a character(Violet Dryad) and she's a Dryad Goddess. I'm starting to wonder if I should give her the ability of flight or not. I like acrobatics but I'm just not sure.
  2. Poetic Play Committed Player

Well if by dryad, you mean like the little tree nymphs, or nature nymphs then.. I'd say let her fly! Since most lore shows them as being able to fly as far as I can remember.
  3. WonderCleric New Player

I think it depends on the type of nymph. Dryads I don't think can fly.

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble with characters in general, haha. I currently am planning to make a Fear, Rage and Hope (assuming we get it eventually) Lantern, but I'm no longer sure about that. Three seems like a lot, even if we're getting a lot of content. (I'm thinking of only keeping two...) Also, I want either a Celestial or Lightning character... Does anyone have any suggestions on that front? Favorite characters of mine that I don't have inspired bys for (or planned) right now are Aquaman and Shazam... I just don't know. haha. I want to keep my limit of characters at four or five. Any suggestions for me? I'm having alt-troubles lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. Poetic Play Committed Player

That's true, I was just going by my weird dorky mythical creatures book. Really it comes down to what you go by, like ask any WoW fan what a dryad is, and they'll say a half deer/pixie. XD

Btw, not making one for Will also?
  5. WonderCleric New Player

No, I was going for a "either or" when it came to Will & Fear. (I liked the Yellow costume better, haha) I'm not sure how much I want either of those, anymore, though... in all honestly, I like Fear better than Rage, but I also want to try the new powerset... and I already have the name reserved. (Ferocity was taken, but Ferocitty wasn't. xD) -sigh- I'm just not sure. I don't know what to keep and what to throw away.
  6. Feenicks New Player

Dryads, I believe, teleport. Sylphs fly.
    • Like x 2
  7. WonderCleric New Player

I think Dryads just live in trees and don't do much traveling. But it would make most sense for someone based on a dryad of myth to use acrobatics in-game, I think.
    • Like x 1
  8. Feenicks New Player

I also play another MMO (*cough* Neverwinter *cough*) and in it I have a sylph companion. She flys.
  9. Mont New Player

in battle it dont matter what movement is, usualy grounded anyway. i like flight just for travel from point A to B, speed gets u in trouble by placing u inside a building before it loads, got trapped under that rock where living statue is, at the time i was a noob didnt know about "warp rally" i deleted the toon, acrobatics is fun but need a high place to glide from
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well if you're looking at Electricity and have Shazam in mind as an inspiration, those pretty much go hand in hand. There's a few ways you can go with it, too. I think I remember a post from Jens or one of the dev team saying that Brawling and Electricity could be used to make a decent recreation of the New 52 Shazam's powers.

Personally I went with the speedster approach and had only the speed of Mercury showing up as part of the powers from the wizard/SHAZAM acronym. In DPS I tend to use more physical and weapon attacks (Whirling Dervish works great with Dual Wield) but in Healer I stay ranged (Hand Blasters) and channel the lighting/electricity that way.

And just for fun, a screenshot of that character. :D Went a little in the direction of the New 52 look, and I can go either black or red with the main color thanks to the Captain Marvel t-shirt from the Vault.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. WonderCleric New Player

I'm definitely thinking about a Shazam or Black Adam character, perhaps to replace my Sinestro Corpsman. (who is only level 6 so no big deal) Also -- very cool look! She looks like a female Black Adam mixed with New 52 Shazam. Very good ideas, by the way.

Small question: are there any powers that could be used to simulate Atlantean sorcery? Or should I just wait until, if ever, they include water powers?
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Couldn't say, I'm not as familiar with the Atlantean sorcery parts of the DC Universe. Not sure what would be appropriate.

Otherwise, glad I could help, and thanks. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I'd go with Acrobatics. When I think of tree dwellers, I think of flipping and jumping from branch to branch. Flight is great for exo hunting, that's why I always go flight lol
    • Like x 2
  14. Poetic Play Committed Player

Yeah my Nature toon is a tree-hugging nymph who has learned her acrobatics from using it to get around the forest in which she lived. XD

(Still waiting for that jungle/forest inspired base layout...QQ)
    • Like x 2