Up-Votes Needed Character Creation Bugged

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Lusyydia, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Lusyydia New Player

I just tried to create a new character, and got stuck at the "choose your personality type" prompt, because - well, there weren't any options to choose from except "back" and "cancel".
    I restarted the game to see if it was just a hiccup, but the problem persists. I'm currently using the game tools to validate the game files, and I'll try to reinstall the game later. "Try" because that was an issue in itself after the update. The installer kept on closing itself, then the download was interrupt constantly due to some kind of corruption. I managed to install after repeatedly hitting "retry."
    Please up-vote. I'm really not having fun with this game right now, and could use some help.
  2. Lusyydia New Player

Aaand I'm done. Uninstalled the game, now I'm completely unable to reinstall it. Running continuously into corruption error messages, which prompt the pop up to wait 20-30 min, which never amount to anything, sometimes it manages to get to 110mb download and install, but usually it bugs out after 45. I'm on PC. Game ran smoothly before the update. Now it's trash.
  3. Lusyydia New Player

Don't seem to be able to edit. Well - Installing the game on the launchpad seems to work fine. Trying to install the game using the installer results in beforementioned error messages. It's weird. The character Creation issue is still not resolved.
  4. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I remember a bug just recently that wouldn't allow to you enter a certain world without being stuck on a loading screen forever. Even logging in and out, you wouldn't get past the loading screen. The devs were pretty quick to fix the issue. Nevertheless, it was server side bug.

You could be experiencing a similar phenomenon. The servers can be pretty finicky and cause you to be stuck in limbo. Might have to contact support.