Changes in the Game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RJTally31, Mar 11, 2014.

1. RJTally31 Active Player

With all the work in progress going on. I don't see a thread for Ideas people would like to see come to the game.
    I am stating this Thread for people out to put there ideas down. ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Ok cool. My vote is for Mist Auras.
    • Like x 4
  3. RJTally31 Active Player

Here is a idea I have. A lot of players out there use Team Speak and Ventrilo. The current in game chat isn't the best. I would like to see a pop out app that works like Team Speak. It runs separate from the game so when your game crashes you still have communication with your team. Keep the current chat for Free to Play. Make this app for Legendary Users as a bonus. Tabs could be like League - Group - Friends - LFG - PVP.
    • Like x 1
  4. not_again Dedicated Player

With the major changes in combat, I think the game is moving in a more general MMO direction and less of the fast paced action game. With that said I do not think we need the controller role anymore.

Weapon mastery, essentially removing JC, and balancing animation times there is no need for a battery any longer. The standard power regen in most MMOs would be plenty to keep players powered.

There are so few instanced where CC would be needed and once again you can go the route of the traditional MMO and let all 3 classes CC.

I know I am going to be flamed for this but think about it what purpose will a controller serve with game slowing down. If anything you will only need 1 controller going forward so why not just eliminate the role.
    • Like x 2
  5. Opamp Committed Player

Silver surfer surf board!
    • Like x 1
  6. Feenicks New Player

Many MANY people have devoted years of game time here perfecting their controller toons! Eliminating the role would be basically sweep 30% or more of the population under the rug. Not the best idea in my opinion!
    • Like x 2
  7. Rasta Committed Player

This is DC Universe not Marvel Universe
  8. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

depends
    when DLC 10 release ?
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

I want PS severs and PC servers would join for once to make queing up alot easier.

Don't know the PS3 would handle it.
  10. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Many players have devoted years of in game time perfecting DPS rotations around animation times & jump cancelling. What percentage of the population is effected by changing those 2? A lot of interesting ideas are in the air. If we sped up long animations, wouldn't that circumvent the need for JC. Interesting to see the direction going towards slowing combat, when the fast paced combat is what keeps many players here. Guess we'll see cuz there really isnt a choice in the matter.
    • Like x 1
  11. not_again Dedicated Player

Same could be said about DPS. They are basically revamping the role, everything you have perfected over the past 3 years is now gone and u must learn a whole new system.
  12. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

But they did say about a year ago that they were going to introduce a new movement mode similar to Static Shock.
    [IMG]
  13. jr1nc Dedicated Player

here is an idea how about challenge leaderboards! oh wait that may be something they are working on!
    Here is another idea how about a different game type! like for example we have pvp, legends pvp, raids, alerts, solos,
    but how about movement challenges like races that we can que in lol sonic style! would be nice!
    race to the finish! going through obstacle against friends or pugs... running around in gotham and metropolis lol its an idea
    This will be a good way to introduce the FLASH
  14. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Allow me to make a fat toon.
    • Like x 4
  15. La Shark Dedicated Player

I like the way DC is heading, slow like other mmo's, because if i wanted fast paced then i would play first person shooters like titan fall, or call of duty
  16. Feenicks New Player

But you're still a DPS. I was responding about the suggestion of completely eliminating the role of controller. That would be a mistake.
    • Like x 1
  17. Feenicks New Player

But you are still a DPS. I was responding to the elimination of a role.
    • Like x 1
  18. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

PvGs were mentioned in a thread
    Iconic personalities
    Movement mode styles
    Those are my 3 top favs.
    I also want some water power but ive been told that it will never happen and i was also given good reasons... -sigh- which sucks...
    • Like x 2
  19. Drakonicus New Player

There is a new thread about things people would like to see add to the game every single day. And about 75% of then take no consideration of the game mechanics, resources avaible to the dev team, the limitatons of the PS3, or the responses from the Devs about the same issues, proposed by another player on a previous thread.
  20. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Oh you mean like those fat little super heroes? You know why cant we be fat? I wanna make a fat toon now with acid vomit powers.
    My PI will be Corrode, it will be a tank and the tank mechanic will be when i use a power attacks bounce off me and do a reduced percentage but i can stack these. Idk what to call this random stupid idea i just had but all i know is
    One tree is acid based and the other liquid rubber or just rubber lol. The stacks will be called ricochets!

Hell the pull can be a ranged stretchy rubber attack to pull enemies in. Lol
    • Like x 1