Certain Hard Light Combos broken, esp infinite combos

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Wanning Comet, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I thought I'd make a thread about this issue that isn't as whiny in tone or title :p .

It seems that many Hard Light combos are broken, certain infinite combos are now impossible.

I tried claw ram snap fan claw and it broke after fan.

claw claw-hold to ram breaks after the hold.

I believe this is because the dovetails added to parts of the combos is being included in the infinite combo but I don't think you adjusted the code for the infinite combos to register a new timing. So claw clawhold ram still "expects" the old timing for the combo but the old timing is impossible because of the added dovetail on claw-hold, if that makes sense. No matter what I do the game thinks I'm always the length of the dovetail of claw-hold away from actually hitting the combo to get to ram.

This is a bug, and pretty game breaking for hard light as a core feature of the power isn't working at all.

The major basic combo you use in a raid, ram snap power-snap fan jc ram repeat isn't changed much the timing on the second ram to get back into it is slower and you lose the phantom triangle, but it works. ram snap fan jc ram repeat will work as well, but anywhere you might want to be more power efficient, solos, duos, low power group situations, your combos just break because of the dovetailing.

Interestingly claw ram snap fan still works, but atm I don't recall if a dovetail was added to claw or if it was just added to claw-hold.
    • Like x 5