Celestial

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mgtheopaden, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Mettigel Hawaii New Player

Yeah the might ticks are very terrible. So i watched out for iconic powers, there is maybe the option to use the gag gloves, it hits with 4-5k but the range is a bit low.
    Or something from the movement modes ,but on superspeed there is nothing special, I know on acrobatic there is one that hits a bit harder in a cone and good range, but Im superspeed.
    My alt is an HL with 2400 might and the might ticks can hit with 2.2k. Im intressted how they hit when I have arround 4k might.

Yeah it feels awfull to use McB, esspacelly in PVP in healer role.
  2. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

I am seeing two issues out of all of this. First off, you are NOT supposed to use wm AND combos... combos are Celestial's Awesome Mechanic... and AMs are not supposed to be compatible with WM.. Cel's main benefit is chaining non-stop combos together because they all clip together.

Also, a big mistake I see a lot of people doing (especially if you DO use WM afterwards), is using Annoint BEFORE Benediction. You guys need to look at your damage modifiers a bit more because benediction I believe is a 35% modifier and annoint is 50%. If you go Annoint clip Benediction you get a 35% buff (on top of the powers' buffs)... if you do Benediction clip Annoint you will get 50% on top of the powers' buffs. Basically a 50% total buff for Annoint clip Bene or a 65% total buff for Bene clip Annoint (not counting the crits).

All said though, I do strongly believe Celestial needs a good buff. Either it needs to be faster or it needs to hit harder or have longer dots. The issue came in gu 36 I believe when the whole power revamp happened to set all powers on an "even" speed. The problem with that is that celestial was already slower than other powers, and they slowed it down without taking the "charge" into account when doing so. Also not taken into account is how pitiful the might damage it puts out on the first half of combos.

Essentially a FULL celestial combo should take around time of a single power from any other power(other than HL/Rage). Of course some powers would be exceptions to this like plague c DL, but a power like RcW should have a total cast time close to any other power that is cast in another power set. As it is now we are casting two powers for the cost of one, the time of 2, but the damage of maybe 1 and 1/4.

Either they need to buff the might portion of our powers, buff the prec even more than it is, increase the length of our DoTs, or just speed up the power in general.
    • Like x 1
  3. McShotzz Well-Known Player

But I've tried to jsut use combos ang got left int the dust.
  4. sadystic New Player

The ONLY time you should be using WM on celestial is if your full might spec running a might build. WM does NOT affect the precision portion of your combos so generally all your doing is wasting time and putting out less burn. If your full precision spec you should be comboing combos with combos and more combos. WM should only be used when your out of power or want to give ur troll a sec to catch up because the AM on celestial is very power hungry now. Also the next problem is your loadouts. Pretty much using the wrong powers in the wrong content. For instance R>W is nice. But in the t6 alert it gets SMOKED by another combo. I really shouldn't give this out cuz I like being the one celestial that smashes everyone except sorc n nature but for the t6 alert use this loadout DL>plague, plague>DL admonish>blight, consume soul>wrath of the prescense, anoint, benediction. First off malediction >benediction is a waste of time. Sure u get heals from ur weapon attacks but this loadout is not weapon heavy. This is a MIDRANGE loadout so u gotta get kinda close. Keep anoint up and pretty much all u do is consume>WOTP clipped with admonish>blight clipped with either plague >DL for a group or DL>plague for bosses or high health adds. Back into benediction clipped with anoint clipped with consume>WOTP clipped with admonish >blight...... Your damage will go up significantly. That being said celestial needs tweaked. Bad.
  5. A34CUS New Player

And this is why I switched to Electric
  6. Zeikial Committed Player

Its the player, not the power, although I do agree celestial should receive a slight buff nothing drastic.
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Everyone is going to have hard time with fire now, spontaneous combustion is that good.

It has surpassed static push as the single best burst multi-target AoE weapon mastery finisher in the game.
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Base damage adjustments and some power cost tweeks.

It not garbage and does not to be overhauled.

To the gentlemen who saw a 1.5 mil damage increase going to rage I would suggest your not as proficient with celestial as you are with rage. Maybe your rage rotation works easier for you I don't know.

And I'm not a barometer by any means but I can easily put 4.5 mil I a single DPS 22 min TD run
    And over 3 in a 2 DPS run. Which is just another reason why saying a power sucks based on runs of the newest content is a terrible idea.

As an example I can go 6.1 mil I a 20 min run 1 DPS, or 4 plus in 2 DPS TD run with my HL but I get crushed in SM because I can't melee

I can make HL preform well in T6 and IMO HL is one of the worst DPS powers right now
  9. strike3richyp New Player

IMO the only tweak celestial needs is to return the animation speed back to how it was when first released. At present any decent combo takes an age to complete.