Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

There exist some good choices amongst the powers. I recorded a solo-heal run with Celestial earlier and will upload it later :)
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

ive never been an MA fan i just got 87 MA's the other day as well... and i just dont know how to use them.... when i do switch to celestial though ill probably give them a shot.... i got some nice 85 brawlers and really wanted to use them but as someone else stated...the hold range attack if you clip out of it the damage doesnt register.......

my hearts with hb's though so i ll probably at least give them a shot....

i kind of cant wait to make the switch...im gonna start replacing 85 gear with 86 soon so

i think im gonna end up buying all might gear and modding with precision mods in yellow and blues and precision and might with reds....

any recommendations on rings?... and what bout tactical neck mods..i assume the might one would still be better then the precision..am i right?
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

also thread title suggestion.. Holier Than Thou Guide To Celestial would be fun:p
    • Like x 1
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I'm a huge HB fan as well, I was redoing skill points last night and sat there for like 5 mins debating on whether to still put skill in to HB or not (ended up not).

And yeah brawling the hold is not clippable, the tap is, but it's lower damage than the MA hold or rifle tap. Still not a bad choice just not the best.

That's my plan on gearing/modding.

Rings I haven't looked at to know the tradeoffs but probably might. And tactical mods yeah same as normal, hands I'm going with the finisher one as I don't use a shield/stealth/cast time/objects, so all that's left is the finisher:D
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yeah needs a creative name.

I was thinkinga bout it the other day (was thinking about starting it myself but decided not to, kristyana's would be better anyways).

But best two I could think of was "So you want to be a God?" and "The path to Godliness".
    • Like x 2
  6. Kristyana New Player

Anierna doesn't play the game anymore.

Anyway, I'm awake, time to add the base damage powers to the guide so far :)

I'll give a good name when it gets fleshed out a bit more, muahaha
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

"Cleanliness is next to Guideliness" or "Cleanliness is next to Corruptionless Guide to Celestial hahahaha
    yeah i was figuring id grab that 35% mod... kinda gonna be sad not having the 60% modifier haha
  8. Ms SuperSoldier New Player

I have never healed in DCUO before. In fact, I played when it first came out, then quit and played other games. I came back about 2.5 weeks ago and played a gadgets/shield user. I did a lot of controlling. I went ahead and switched to Celestial since I often find myself in melee situations to build some power and I have played healer in other MMOs for the most part. I JUST finished healing a T2 STAR Labs alert with no controller and successfully healed it as my first healing trial with Celestial.

With that said, here's what I came up with:

Healer loadout:
    Retribution - Curse - Renew - Blessing - Divine Light - Consecrated Ground

I typically cast Retribution (heals each time the mob hits someone) on the big guy that takes longest to DPS down and attacks randomly. I will constantly switching between different soft targets and hit them with Curse (damages itself when it attacks anyone and once it dies, applies a HoT on anyone in range) and let DPS or AoE finish them off. I will also throw a Blessing in there to provide some shields if it's getting hairy and then hit Renew which will heal you and the lowest group member.

If I really get into an "Oh sh*t" moment, then I would cast Divine Light which reduces incoming damage to members and heals them. I will also save Consecrated Ground for those "oh sh*t" moments when I see a party member(s) getting low and my heals weren't healing fast enough. You need to be in range to use Consecrated Ground though since it's an PBAoE.

In the meantime, I am attacking the soft mobs to help build up power (since I didn't have a troller) and use sodas as needed.

That's MY experience in a lower tier alert healing with no troller providing me power and how I was handling the healing as a noob healer, let alone noob Celestial healer. I hope what I wrote above seems legit and others find it helpful until more info becomes available!
    • Like x 1
  9. BrotherMutant New Player

Highlighted the ones I have but I am sure it won't be my end loadout for healing. Also have Mark of Death (or whatever) to give me the second bubble (like how it does explosion damage). I have spent all points in each tree uniformly, except the SC, and the last two points were the healing iconics (going all healer for that toon).

Actually doing things the "right" way for my dps toon. Leveling him all the way to 30 instead of buying the respect like I did for an old elec healer I rarely used. Should have a good feel for what that loadout will be by the end of this 3 day weekend.
  10. Kristyana New Player

Just updated the initial post with DPS descriptions of *most* of the powers. Some things need further testing or I have to go back and fill in the blanks. I still need to fill out the healing sections and add the descriptions in later posts for the combo'd versions and their percentage multipliers.

Let me know what you guys think for the layout and such.
  11. Kristyana New Player

I modelled this after what happened with Alpha's earth guide. There's definitely enough info we've gleaned from the test server and the feedback discussion threads to make at least a rudimentary guide that can be refined

I had a lot of info on the powers, I was just too tired to post them with the initial version of the post.

Thanks for the support, it should be a fun thread!
    • Like x 1
  12. Kristyana New Player

Come on Soul, you know me better than that. I'm not planning on only doing DPS, it's just what I've been playing with on Test because others were doing the healing aspect, like Alpha. I figured I'd get those up for now. The Healing info will come shortly.

Alpha was the one testing most of the healing with the raw numbers, so I'll add them when I can get them from him or when I can test them myself. The version he had posted was a little outdated because spord changed things. He should find his way into this thread eventually.
  13. BlessedHellrider New Player

One of the healing loadouts I came up with was
    Consume Souls-Blessing-Life Drain-Wrath of The Presence-Renew-Guardian's Light
    I've gotten some good results from this. I'll try to explain the way I rotate. Normally I start off with blessing depending on what we're fighting. Once the tank starts to take damage, I'll pop Consume Souls to get a HOT going. If the tanks Starts taking massive damage, or the group I'll toss out CS and go straight into WoTP. Renew is there for the single target heal and its combo'd version for the HOT upon death. GL is what I use when group is at about 50% health. Sorry for grammar and explanation errors. Please critique and give criticism.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

RWD works, but under 35% it is worth carrying it through, how do you refer to that?

Just tough keeping it short and getting everything in there haha. I like RDJ better cause it gets the jump in there and RWDJ is kinda long (although my RDJC wasn't shorter). Sticking with the 3 letter thing you could have full defile being RWD

Something like Smite-cHaunt/Ret-cWither could just be SHR
  15. Kristyana New Player

I like having the little "c" before abbreviations to let you know it's the combo'd version, because not everyone's going to use the combos on the same powers.
    • Like x 2
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

Maybe keep it short:

S-cH, R-cW. Based on what's comboed, it will be obvious what each refers to
    • Like x 2
  17. BrotherMutant New Player

Sounds solid to me. I like your rationale on when u use the powers. Never got a chance to try GL, what's it like (in comparison to other healing sets' powers)? I use Divine Light myself and rarely have a need to use it with the other heals/bubbs going off.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Those are kinda long hand still when you compare to the 3 letter acronym that the HL Omaar guide readers are use to =).

like ST-Fan = WCS
    C-HC/R-W = AAA
    etc.

So yeah I've been doing longhand like you have it Roomba

So like:
    R-cW/Def/jrT = RDJ = Retribution comboed in to Wither clipped with defile jump canceled in to a range tap

Smite comboed to Haunt clipped with Defile cancelled after second tick with a range tap = SHD = S-cH/Def/rT

Smite comboed to haunt clipped with Retribution comboed to Wither = SHR = S-cH/R-cW.

Just 3 letter acronyms to refer to common combos, 'c' to denote comboed version although using the standard format of ' - ' being next to be used and ' / ' being clipped you con't really need the 'c' but it doesn't hurt if writing it all out anyways.

I'm sure the guys who look at OMAAR's guide recognize what i'm talking about.

Random01 tells you "what are you using?"
    you tell random01 "mainly RDJ but drop to SHR when power is low"

Basically only used for that situation :D And those are what OMAAR use to use for his pictures and whatever. I really don't know if it's worth it for celestial as of course theres going to be a few combos like that but half my loadout I don't rotate in a way that can be described like that. But I do have rotations based around Smite, retribution and defile like the ones above.

I hope that all makes sense.
  19. Wylie E New Player

I just started playing two weeks ago finally decided on a power to level to 30 (fire) and now i am looking at my heal toon and was like celestial is it. but my mind boggles at it. It has way more healing options then lighting in my opinion. The stat priority seems to change as well with how you choose to heal. The damage heal mechanic seems to be sweet.

For healers.

Now i see two ways of doing this one is be straight up healer where your dpsheals are supplementry this will prob be good for t3 and above (wouldn't know)

Or You could be a dps healer

Where you use the on death mechanics and malediction/benediction combo mechanics to heal along with possibly using the purify PI this would prob work better in duos/singles and 4 man alerts. this is a setup i will try for while leveling and doing my t1/t2 grind but i think it would require too much diversified innates or starting out with at 30 with alot sp. alo

DPS
    this class seems prime to wreck alot of the solo contents as in the fact you can due to the on death heal system and the purify.

Just my noob 2 cents.
  20. BrotherMutant New Player

I must admit, for dps so far, I really do like smite. Cool animation and a single melee tap to fire off the combo that does precision dots. Just soloing, I can do smite+combo and the reverse combed fast enuf to kill 3 normal baddies in front of me.