Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Crackin New Player

Don't think it's there yet , mine pops for about a 11% boost at the moment . 115 prec . Has to be on test servers course everyone would benefit but some would still cry OP. I am gonna cry that HL can combo/ clip about 2x faster than celestial.Lol
  2. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Celestial is op not because of damage but because of epic ration damage/power, and that no1 could say it's wrong. i can do as much damage with other powerset but the power consumption won't be the same at all.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

It's coming with GU 32. On live, Anoint is giving a fixed 115 precision. The percentage on test is 45%. Big improvement for higher tiered toons.
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

here is my question should i still mod into both precision and might ...or does a full precision celestial toon do more damage?
  5. Ogat New Player

Well, there's already shouts like: "Looking for 2 dps for paradox 99cr+ (no celestial)" Because of the pleauge combo ofc. Expect to see such shouts on the other servers as well after the nerf.

Now on another note i'm interested how much of a hit will rdj take?:>
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

My initial thoughts were to go precision lean, but I've seen sick numbers from full precision toons. That's the way I'm modding now.
    • Like x 1
  7. Xzotix Committed Player

I'm having trouble with this load out now and rotation in order ...
    Malediction cBenediction
    Plague cDivine Light
    Cursed Idol (if available, if not go to next in rotation)
    Dark Pact
    Retribution cWither *3
    Smite cHaunt

By the time i can cast this everything is usually already near dead or done. I have had this load since the beginning and it and gradually got worse or I have got worse or both. Either way I now need help seems too slow!
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Maybe you have just become more powerful, lol!
    • Like x 1
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

If things are dying before you finish the rotation, then don't do the rotation =)

McB is only worthwhile if they are going to last the whole buff time.

Otherwise I just hit a smite/ret combo and watch things die
    • Like x 2
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Adjusting rotations on the fly is probably the hardest thing about DPS. You can get all sorts of rotations from guides or just plain trial and error, but knowing how quickly things will go down and therefore which attacks or buffs to leave out and when is what sets a good DPS apart.
    • Like x 1
  11. Xzotix Committed Player

Lol, that, or everyone else has moreso. Still using it because it seems effective just don't see the same damage as before. I am going to try your loadout as soon as GU32 drops. I think my Prec is too low (1200) right now for Anoint with my balance build.
  12. Xzotix Committed Player

I've tried different rotation skipping with this loadout but not McB yet, its on my list for tonight. Is it smite/ret? or ret/smite or does it matter?
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Smite gets damage out faster, Ret is better damage (currently, that will reverse with the update).

Doesn't really matter either way. I'd probably go sch-Rcw though, just to be ready for the update when it will matter more.
    • Like x 1
  14. Xzotix Committed Player

O.K., thanks!
  15. Ropers New Player

This is the same load out i used when i was more might based. here is my old rotation

Retribution cWither wait till the 2ed prc tick to use next power or it cancel out.
    Smite cHaunt
    Dark Pact
    Cursed Idol
    Plague cDivine Light
    Malediction cBenediction
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

ty i thinks i ll start switchign all my mods to precision even reds

now this is a question for you and other healers...with this new update....how should i mod my healer gear?... seems like battle healing might be just a little easier..would i be wise to use precision and resto in both yellows and blues?
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, this has been discussed, but there has to be a "sweet spot" between resto and precision in a battle build. What that is I'm not sure anyone has figured out yet. The damage:healing is 1:1, but the heals are capped by your resto. Therefore, if you stack too much precision relative to resto, you won't get the maximum benefit to your damage-based heals. Personally, I've gone with straight resto in yellows, resto/prec in reds, and resto/health in blues. Pretty traditional. I have, however, tried changing out certain gear pieces for DPS, such as rings or waist (which have a prec bonus), while battle healing, at least in lower level content. I haven't tested it enough to have definitive answer, though.

EDIT: After I had already modded my blues, someone described modding them with dom/prec instead, because you get resto equivalent from dom, and you can then get precision in there without outright sacrificing healing potential. I haven't bothered trying to replace my mods, since they're already 5e.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

alright cool thanks for the responses :)
  19. 13igtyme Devoted Player

cWither doesn't cancel out.
  20. Xzotix Committed Player

I'm thinking Prec is going to be the way to go now. You use the 45% buff from Anoint (GU32) it will benefit others and your "lower" Prec will suffer. SO I'm changing my modes to precision base but keeping my might gear for now.