Celestial DPSing and healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by The Incredible Fly, Sep 2, 2013.

1. The Incredible Fly New Player

So far, I absolutely love Celestial DPSing. Dark Pact, Haunt, tap melee, Smite, tap melee, combo, Blight, tap melee, Admonish, combo = crazy dots. Since the time I started playing DC (a year ago this October), I've been a healer. I've given every power and every role an honest try from level 1 to 30 and onward to CR43 so I could test myself in raids. And I've always found that healing is what I love to do most. Not to mention, I'm a terrible, TERRIBLE tank, a mediocre controller at best and with all the other powers besides Celestial a very average DPS. But since giving this power a go, I've been coming out on top over and over and over again. It's clippability is insane, especially when coupled with Martial Arts, I've been clipping the smokebomb with Haunt and Smite and the numbers are ridiculous I love it.
    However, like I said, despite doing a lot better with Celestial DPS than I have with any other power DPSing, I still sorely miss healing... So I'd love it if someone could help me out with a decent Celestial healer loadout if anyone has found a good one yet. I've done a few alerts and raids with Celestial healers and it seems to be like a combination of Sorcery and Nature, a lot of healing over time stuff. On top of that it's also a lot like Light where most of it's healing comes from it's attacks. Which is perfect for me because I used to be an Electric healer (my favorite power) and I was always very aggressive while still maintaining everyone's health. If I could figure out how to make Celestial work I might wind up liking it even more so than Electric... Which would be a frigging feat because nothing has ever come close to my love for Electricity...

Also, since I seem to have the DPSing down, my loadout has been from right to left on my bar:
    L2 > Smite, Blight, Haunt, Admonish
    R2 > Dark Pact, and for some reason the name of it currently escapes me but the shield that protects you and up to three of your teammates.
    I've tried using a variety of different weapons but Martial Arts, Dual-wield, One-handed and the Staff seem to be the best. Although, that's just personal opinion but I hope all of this helps for anyone who has been wondering what a good Celestial DPS loadout would be.
  2. I Keeps Aggro New Player

If you dpsing as celestial you really want plague combo into corrupted divine light it is the strongest dps move celestial has. My rotation is benediction into cleansed malediction then dark touch combo into corrupted blessing then plague combo into corrupted divine light then blessing(forces the corrupted blessing shield to explode on both who have it doing nice damage) combo into cleansed dark touch and just keep that rotating as the powers cool down once you get the hang of your rotation then you can start clipping once you press the lasst button of the combo its locked in you can start your next power combo its a really nice dps once you get the hang of it. Precision based of course.
  3. The Incredible Fly New Player

Hm, I'll have to give that loadout a try. Like everyone else, I'm still learning the power because it's still very new. So I've had a lot of hit and miss but since landing on the loadout I've been using I've been doing pretty well. I may combine my loadout with yours to see how that works out however. I was using Plague for awhile and it hit pretty damn hard, I'm not sure why I swapped it out honestly.
  4. Galadorn New Player

My current loadout:

-Malediction (which i turn to a group buff to drain life),
    -Smite (can turn into a Precision DoT)
    -Retribution (can deal heavy dmg with Prec DoT)
    -Death Mark (can create group shield that explodes dealing good dmg)
    -Curse (just for returning damage)
    -Cursed Idol (for fun)
  5. Ekaterina Committed Player

think this might be the best ranged loadout
  6. TDSK Committed Player

I use:
    Plague > Corr. Divine Light
    Anoit
    Smite > Cleansed Haunt
    Benediction > Malediction
    Retribution > Wither
    Then I either use 35% move or 25% sc from cursed

> = clipped with
    /=comboed into
    - = power used non clipped
    Rotation is: Anoit > benediction/malediction > plague/divine light > smite/haunt > retribution/wither, do until precision DoT wear's off, then restart from plague.
    If using 35% power, assume you are already mid combo for now. You would go: Smite/Haunt > Retribution/wither > 35% - smite/haunt >plague/divine light

If using supercharge, use it when necessary, or when group says so if all 3 DPS are going to time there SC (never seen it, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen)
  7. Hard Night New Player

Curious. How bad is it having 2 Celestial dps in one group?
  8. The Incredible Fly New Player

To be honest, Hard Night, I haven't noticed any difference when having 2 Celest DPS's. However, I'm on a new character with this power only at CR52 currently so I'm not paying all that much attention to it. I'm used to being a healer and putting out very little damage, so I've been enjoying seeing myself at the top of the charts regardless of how much the rest of the team it putting out.

Also, I was doing Brainiac Sub-Construct last night and I had died at Avatar Of Tech. I decided to inspect everyone while they were fighting and it only gave me further reason to love Celestial... I was in T1 and everyone else was in either T2 or 3. I came in half hour late, and I was only a few hundred points in damage out behind the top DPS which was in Manta o__O. On top of that, I was using a frigging staff which I suck with.
    I don't know how everyone else is doing with Celestial but my god... My excitement for getting into full T5 is almost unfathomable. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers I put out when I get to that level xD. I'm sure to some it's not very impressive but again, I'm used to being a healer so actually feeling like I can kill things is exciting to me :p.
  9. The Incredible Fly New Player

Lol, the music is trippy.
    Good vid though, and I use a number of those attacks already. I find Dark Pact first to buff, then Smite and Haunt are very good for ranging enemies. As I've mentioned, I'm still a low CR at the moment so I haven't had to range many enemies. But when in Outer Caverns, that one robot that does the **** of death AOE, I obviously had to back up. And that's where I learned some of the ranged attacks.
    However, I'll definitely be looking at this video again, as well as taking notes from everyone else's suggestions so I can see what's most effective. Because of how young the power currently is, a lot of people are going to be using different things with very few achieving the maximum of what the power is capable of. So until someone comes up with a very obviously effective loadout, I'm going to be sticking mostly with what I have at the moment while swapping out one or two of the powers in my bar from time to time with what other people recommend, such as Plague.
    Once I get into T5's that'll be the real deal breaker. Because if I'm not burning fast enough I'll know I'm doing something wrong. Those raids do NOT allow for mistakes.
  10. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I'm like you in the fact that electricity was my favorite healing power. Well guess what, celestial with be your new fav. If you like healing and dosing at the same time this is for you. My healing load out is admonish, guardians light, blessing, consume souls, renew, divine light. Make sure you use power points on the cursed versions on admonish and consume souls( blite, and something else). Now the fun part, play like an electric healer( spacing wise). My main heal is admonish c/ blite clipped into consume souls c/ what's it called. This is great burst/ hot heals. If you're close enough to enemies its also a great burst/ dot GROUP move. I'm always 4th on damage out and the healing numbers are incredible. Use the other heals as needed when hots aren't good enough. My advanced strategy is to use blessing before you jump into a adminish combo because you have to be close to do damage( not to heal though!).
  11. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Dosing lol dpsing damn phone auto correct
  12. blklightning New Player

Having 2x Celestial DPS is like having 2x Celestial healers. The DoTs will overwrite. There are some tricks though, involving the direction of the combos. One player can move from Blessed to Cursed and the other Cursed to Blessed. For healers, this allows both to use the HoT from Consume Soul, only one has an interruptable version.
  13. TheCrystalGod New Player

so i'm trying out this loadout and i can do the start but after he is using plague i don't know wich button he press. the black magic things on is hands... can anyone help me out? i'm playing on PS4. this is how he does it... Trinket, WM, Smite, Square(melee), Benediction/Anoint Clipped, WM, Plague... after that i'm lost with the black magic thing on is hands cauze i don't know wich button he press. all help is welcome.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

That's a terrible loadout and rotation. I wouldn't take time learning it.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheCrystalGod New Player

can you give me any better loadout? as i'm looking on youtub the newer loadouts do't give you any info how to use it..when to use WM.. what button to press after you used a power and how to clip it...it's so confusing...i preffer having a good DPS loadout and learn it myself.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

I'd recommend against using YouTube to learn a powerset. Check out my guide. You can actually learn in more detail what everything does, how to do it, and how best to use it. Link is in my sig.