Celestial dps, nerfed/bugged?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Furling, May 10, 2015.

1. Furling Well-Known Player

Has anyone noticed celestial dps being much lower after the game update?

Have been running a lot of raids, and Cel dps that used to be competitive with quantum are now like 1/2 their dps. Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Quantum is a bit stronger after the update. That may be part of it. Not sure if Celestial was also reduced, but I do know that Quantum is stronger because it can hit for the same damage at range that it does up close.
  3. kravonik New Player

I read something similar in the powers subsection. from I read the answer was no it wasn't nerfed.
  4. Sarcasm Committed Player

Yes I think it was nerfed. My damage out has been lower since gu47 and I seen another celestial thread like this saying the same thing .
  5. Sionn Committed Player

I think precision damage overall is bugged. It's the same on Light using the same combos as before the update.
    • Like x 1
  6. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

I've noticed no difference at all.
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

There is a bug with the dmg registering because of your cr and enemies cr since the gu came out. For some unexaplainable reasons it seems to be most obvious happening with powersets like Quantum / Munitions / Mental / Gadgets. Less for Sorc / Earth / Celestial.

I doubt we will see a fix soon. :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Celestial is the same. If you are comparing to Quantum, that is a big NO. Quantum got a tiny buff with the update. We wont see a fix soon.
  9. Sarcasm Committed Player

No not comparing it to quantum but my plaque>divine light should be hitting way more since I got a little prec buff from the update and when I have the 2 buffs going .
  10. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Might powers got a buff due to might changes.

Precision powers, not so much as might powers.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Are you CR115 or 116?
    If not then you will notice a small decrease
    • Like x 1
  12. Sionn Committed Player

See, that's what is wrong with this update. Stats should matter 100% more than CR, and that's why it won't work.
  13. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

The celestial combo dmg increase not working allways thats what i noticed
  14. oliver251274 Active Player

i compared celestrial and quantum at the single sparring target. With quantum i got between 7k and 8k per second. It depends when your time bomb explode.
    With celestrial the maximum was 5k- 5,5k. But it is really hard to reach such numbers. Plague into devine do really less damage

I modified the skill tree and tried a run with an additional tree in might to improve the might damage. The critical chance went down from arround 30% to 20%, but the small increase of critical damage does not have an impact on the result. Stil maximum 5k.

What numbers did you test on the single target? I watched several youtube videos by Kaiser, who showed a run of TOD Elite were he was on 1 place compared to a quantum dps.
    Im doing the same rotation and same clipping, but for me it is not clear, how he reaches this high numbers.
  15. Sarcasm Committed Player

I am 115 .
  16. Sarcasm Committed Player

I haven't gotten to test it out lately but in my ToTD (N) & (E) runs I'm not critting big numbers now like I would oh 115cr / 192sp
  17. oliver251274 Active Player

i realized, that the crits are very low. Maybe i can increase the damage on multiple targets with RcW, but in general i never noticed a really high burst damage.

I think there is a distorted image, when you compared a power with quantum. The burst of quantum is so high, that most adds will be killed by the bomb and all this damage can not count for other dps anymore. Its normal, but thats why it is so hard to get a real view about the damage output.

I want to know where my limit is, my Cr is 114, 178 SP. I couldnt figure out which skill i have to use in which situation. More RcW, more PcD??....
    Anybody else who tested intensiv with Celestrial?
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Normally what I would do is cast annoint, benediction cmb malediction and then start the rotation. If you time it right you can get the cleansed malediction to count for the second iteration of the combat parser to get about 6.5k per second. However in a raid like scenario that wont happen thus making quantum superior. However I found more RcW and ScH( where you clip so fast you dont see your character throw Haunt out) was much more effective and using PcDL less frequently since it is a single target.

I also found that you do better damage off 3 sparring targets than the traditional 1 with celestial, simply due to PcDL hitting for maximum damage on 3 targets.

Still doing some testing. I know Remander is too, however the results are in the celestial guide in the oracle section.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

a guy I was in a raid with today said he switched from celestial to mental b/c celestial was hitting for faaaar less then it was before GU47.

I told em submit a bug report as it may simply be a bug thats not known about yet.