CELESTIAL DPS - Buff Idea!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by PureDarkness, Jul 20, 2014.

1. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Oh no I understand I mean ONLY prec buff as in that is the only power that buffs you in either of HL's power trees, therefore you have to waste 5 power points if you want any sort of buff.

Yes but if you do spec into either of the Celestial buffs there are viable DPS powers you unlock while getting to either one. In HL's case you use 5 power points and the only power that can be used as a DPS is the buff (Inspiration).

I think Celestial definitely needs to be tweaked a bit, I just think that the ridiculous power costs and non AOE attacks among other issues, make HL worse off at the moment.
  2. sadystic New Player

Can't argue with that. Retribution -> wither stays on my loadout and its on the way to both buffs. Where hardlight does have it good tho is the position of the 35%er. But it seems we agree. What REALLY pisses me off is that WM is pointless with celestial because the combo'd power sees absolutely no benefit.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Well.. the might ticks on Celestial are pathetic.
    Even with the crit bonuses, and dark pact.
    The combos are... lawdy.. just help me with the speed.
    you're better off using WM with an occasional plague, or Divine Light, (wither and ret I dont use much), Triple buffs, and C.I.

Anoint is still on my loadout for battle healing and that's it.

It needs a tweak
    • Like x 3
  4. sadystic New Player

Actually the combos still hit hard IF you use relentless precision. But the best I've seen with relentless benediction and anoint up is 10 k initial impact and ticks for 700 to 900 a hit off of plague -> divine light or divine light -> plague
  5. Keiji.Haku Well-Known Player

Id say shorten the time it takes to do the combos and maybe buff their damage a bit.
  6. Katsumotto New Player

Celestial is the bomb-diggity for PvE healing team play. Its slow, so you need a team to give you time. If you have a good controller in the group, you should be able to solo heal pretty easily. I dig that I can also put some damage out with the combos w/o having to be a mixed-bag battle healer. I would NOT recommend it for PvP, like, at all. PvE celestial DPS is just fine. It all comes down to whether you are a pvp or pve player.
  7. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

New update: Malediction into cBenediction and Benediction into cMalediction has been slowed down as well. Isn't that just great? :(

The Devs really need to do something about this.
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

You left out another option and more important requires less time programming. Up the scalling damage on the combos for celestial and on the range combos for HL. Easiest coding option does not break the animation pass they did with gu36 and makes both powers more viable
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Increase might damage to be on balance with rage. enuff said( drops mic)
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im still trying to figure out if its intended or a bug
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

If you know what to do.. battle healing in celestial is a force to be reckoned with in pvp
  12. Elm New Player

my loadout does a lot of damage i have 126 skill points n i hit hard if u wanna hit hard get ur crits n critical attack damage then those 2.5k cn rise to 4.5k anyways how do i make a post about pvp
  13. MetalMario Loyal Player

I think Celestial's problem is that the combos scale like vanilla weapon attacks instead of mastered. This is a problem for every combo based powerset. I think if you have weapon mastery for your current weapon your prec combos should scale like mastered combos and everything would be better off. This is not to say they should scale like the cross weapon combos, which would be ridiculously over powered since they're clippable.
    • Like x 1