Celestial: Admonish

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CGEMINI, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Massah Committed Player

Yes 99%
    Those pesky exceptions to that rule like Light Barrier from HL or Grandeur from Mental

Also the Stealth/Invisibility and a associated power clips all having either guaranteed Damage or a chance for damage proc* (Perhaps it is because of the chance for a damage proc)

**(Incomplete list of clippable damage powers)**

Thank you very much for this post.

As new to healing does this healing loadout heal NPCs/Pets?
    (Looking for Celestial Healing loadout to heal non- group members in Open World)*
    • Like x 1
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Celestial does have some healing outside of group/NPCs. For example, consume soul will heal NPCs and non group members of the same faction (hero/villain).
    Virtuous light will also heal NPCs and non group members, but only if they are close to the glyph of light (and by close, I mean real close).
    The blessed consume (tail end of wrath of presence combo) will, but it's a bit smaller of a heal.

The best power to use to heal others in celestials arsenal, is by far, consume soul though.

I have a battle healing loadout that uses consume as the primary heal, because it's quite strong with damage and healing if spec'd properly. That and the death mark combo along with another power of choice. Death mark will heal you (and explode doing massive damage to breath enemies) upon the enemy being KO'd. You get a short shield for the group, but it mitigates well with the short cool down of death mark.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Also, just to add, plaque combo will also heal allies/NPCs that are near the corrupted light glyph.

So, for a rotation, and keep in mind you might need to be mobile and watchful for who in the open world needs a heal, so you can stand right next to them:
    My suggestion would be,
    *Plaque combo into consume soul (combo for extra damage and time utilization) until plaque is off cool down. Use virtuous when you see someone needs a big heal (be close), and Cursed idol when it's ready. Curse might also be useful here, but the priority heal will only hit you unless you're in a group, then it'll hit one other.
    • Like x 1
  4. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Consume Soul is the main heal for healing NPCs/pets, for supercharges you have Cursed Idol (5k) and Sacrifice (10k). The latter can be used for EOG loadouts, while the former is good for battle healing builds.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you want to dive heavy into the ally heals you could also use wotp (or whatever the corrupt version of CS is) to combo into consume soul to have a second ally heal. Thou it’s been a while since I’ve done this so not sure if that’s still the case
    • Like x 1
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It does still work, it's just such a small heal that it's better to just use consume clipped into consume again.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wouldn’t the HoT override each other making it pointless? Or can you have multiple ticks of CS going at the same time?

As for the blessed version of CS not being worth it. I definitely agree. But he was asking specifically about ally healing for open world. So thought I’d mention that too haha
    • Like x 1
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

From my timing, you can get all 3 healing ticks out of consume before you cast consume again. It's a 'slower' clip than if you were trying to clip fast for higher damage.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Consume soul has a 1.5s cooldown thou doesn’t it? Is so you wouldn’t be able o clip CS with CS and get the full ticks of heals. Unless you’re talking about CS comboed into WotP clipped back into CS.

Since I’m talking about a pure heal I wouldn’t be comboing CS as WotP doesn’t have any healing component attached to it that I can remember.

Admonish has a heal and when comboed into blight, blight has a heal. I think blessed admonish has a heal? But I can’t remember. My regular healing combo is admonish comboed into blight clipped with CS.

Celestial is a versatile healing power.
    • Like x 2
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, I was suggesting to him to do the full combo, x2, until plaque off cool down basically. For a simple rotation to use for healing others.
    • Like x 1
  11. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Yeah the Blight combo to Admonish has a heal after the combo while attacking, might be a possible battle heal option but overall not as good as Admonish combo to Blight due to being a group heal combo to HOT. I think Wrath does have a heal at the end of the combo since Consume Soul has one in the beginning.

You do get a little bit of everything for your playstyle, HOTs, burst heals, you could even run a shield setup with Blessing/Death Mark plus Clarion.