Celebrate #Batman75 With New Video Series!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ice Lantern New Player

They did a really good job making the game seem exciting and epic. Amusement Mile looks awesome in the video but once you actually get there, it's just another place where you have to kill X number of enemies and transport X number of objects. The problem I have with this game is that things lose their luster so quickly partly because of the lack of immersion. Fighting Doomsday was a joke and Superman is a horrible ally in raids. Also, my rookie superhero saving Superman from Lex in the HoD kinda ruins Superman for me. In a lot of ways, this game has kinda ruined the DC brand for me.
  2. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Man Kevin Conroy is awesome as Batman. Having a conversation with him must be weird though. Every second I'd ba all "OMG I'm talking to Batman XD"
    Can you imaging him talking to his kids ? So cool ^^
    • Like x 1
  3. daffy324 New Player

Maybe when he gets up in the morning the first thing he says 'I'M BATMAN!'
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Not to mention amazing spider man comes off the heels of a very popular and lucrative spidey movie series even tho it's not a sequel... Number3 wasn't as well received but as a whole the series was favorable to movie goers not just comic fans... Who were the biggest critics....

Man of steel was only a few years after superman returns... Which for the most part wasn't well received.... It's not a bad movie but it's very blah compared to action comic movies... Man of steel actually did more then wb expected... And made it's Money back where as superman returns actually lost money....
  5. daffy324 New Player

Hey how do you use this League Halls thing? What do you do after you insert it in the generator?
  6. nogimmick New Player

agreed. they dropped the ball BIGTIME on supermans anniversary
    • Like x 1
  7. daffy324 New Player

Mostly everything is Batman inspired these days, back in the old days it was Superman, Superman has had his chance now it's Batman's chance.
    • Like x 1
  8. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Really cool videos!

Getting Jim Lee back to remind people he worked on this game is a major hit.

Just 2 things missing, similar stuff for Superman and Jens's chin :D:eek::confused:

ok i'll go hide now :p
  9. Valsmurf Loyal Player

From watching the stream where they announced the new batman skin, Im confident there will be something for Diana.

Buzwerd, the marketing guy apologized profusely for missing the Supes anniversary. His words were something almost exactly like " I dropped the ball and I'm sorry"

Which basically means that sort of thing won't get missed again. If WW anniversary is next year, I'm pretty sure they'll do something. How could they not?
  10. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

These were great! If I wasn't already addicted to this game and saw those videos I'd jumping into DCUO with a quickness!
  11. Fearist New Player

I'm pro superman but I'm surprised no one mentioned it was future lex and batman that discovered the exobytes without them our toons don't exist all future superman and Diana did was get killed. So really along with batman lex should get something.
  12. UYLBABI New Player

Do anyone ever belp
  13. Fearist New Player

14. Kid Dynamite New Player

I agree with spedog. Superman is treated as the red-headed stepchild, while DC worships the ground that Batman broods on. Batman had his back broken by Bane....a steroid addicted muscleman. It took Doomsday to put Superman down, without cheating by using Kryptonite.....like Bats would do.
  15. SilentGhostAlpha Well-Known Player

16. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

You notice every video had a splash screen saying DCUO was -free-. I bet these vids will draw in new players.
  17. Doc Whiskey New Player

Wrong. You're asserting that those films made less money because they were the first installment, when the actual reason is inflation and extra revenue from 3D.

Look at your list this way:
    Iron Man: released 2008, avg. ticket price (no 3D): $7.20
    Batman Begins: released 2005, avg. ticket price (no 3D): $6.38
    Captain America, The First Avenger: released 2011, avg. ticket price (no 3D): $8.14
    Amazing Spider-Man: released 2012, avg. ticket price (shown in 3D): $8.20

This is why I used the newer films to illustrate my point.
    A more appropriate comparison to your list would be Superman Returns rather than Man of Steel:

Superman Returns: released 2006, avg. ticket price (shown in IMAX 3D where available): $6.42. B.O. total: $391 million.

When adjusted for inflation and widespread 3D revenue, MoS did basically the same as Superman Returns. On a level playing field, with comparable ticket prices and wide 3D release, MoS was outperformed by other super hero films.
    The point being that Superman does not appeal to as wide of an audience as other super heroes, including Batman.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Heh, I actually made that post to point out how statistics can be skewed to make pretty much any point one would like.

For instance, it'd be easy enough to go back and point out that - adjusted for inflation - Superman: The Movie made more than Batman Begins or Iron Man. But I think we've drifted way off topic.

How about we just agree that Batman is awesome and wish him a happy anniversary? :D
  19. Doc Whiskey New Player

What you're stating as fact is nothing more than opinion and conjecture. Characters in pulp magazines (early version of comics) like The Phantom, radio characters like Dick Tracy, newspapaper comics like The Shadow, and a host of other fictional characters going all the way back to Spring Heeled Jack (originally from Penny Dreadful) in the 1870's paved the way for Superman. there were plenty of characters before Superman that were "powered," usually through some kind of mystical force.

Supes was a new take, but also wasn't the Superman of today. He didn't fly, shoot eye-lasers, or spew freezy-breath. Also, unlike the lofty-idealed Superman of today, he was originally a total d**k. Plenty of powered and non-powered heroes came after, like, y'know, BATMAN, and ultimately surpassed him in popularity, as we see today. To say that there would be no Spider-Man or Green Lantern or X-Men today without Superman is quite a stretch to say the least.

Being considered "the first" is not the same as being "the father of".
    • Like x 1
  20. spedog Active Player

Then please explain to me why almost every creator and comic historian considers him the first and the father of the superhero genre? STAN LEE himself has been quoted as saying that without Superman comics would not exist without him and has gone on to say that without Superman there would probably be no Spider-Man or any of the other characters he created for Marvel as he was an influence. So, you are saying that Stan the Man is stretching? Batman was only created to capitalize on the popularity of Superman and is an amalgam of The Phantom and The Shadow and Zorro. Know your history, man. That is all. Spe out.