Cash seller emails with attachments!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by KidSuperBoy, Oct 25, 2019.

1. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I've recently received cash sellers emails with attachments. I did not open the attachments. And as previously reported the advertisements have now escalated to include attachments???
  2. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Has player based chat moderators ever been tried?
    Can the number of accounts that ignore a player within a specified time frame be tracked and possibly used as an automatic trigger?
    Has Daybreak ever tried being more transparent in its policies and internal procedures?

What you've listed is and has been a major turn off in many games. The constant spam asking for money, has been plague for quite a while.

Cash sellers have largely trashed the economy. Now add in the rarity of collections and other sought after game items brings the broker out of reach of many players that do not glitch or purchase cash.

There has to be a better way to deal with in-game spam. Charge cash per shout, set a level requirement to use shout, number of shouts allowed per interval, or some other creative and active way to deal with it. Turn to your community, there are many dedicated players that would love the chance to help the game out.

Good luck with the spam and enjoy the game
    • Like x 1
  3. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

4. Brit Loyal Player

The attachments prevent you from being able to delete the mail without clicking on it. You cannot trash a mail that has an attachment. And if you don't remove the attachment, eventually when the mail expires, it will be auto-populated to your inventory.

The attachment itself is just a piece of trash that they use to prevent you from deleting their spam. It's not like it's a virus or something; it's literally just an in-game item. Typically some piece of vendor trash, or some collection that is so common it's worthless. Like the "Wax Lips" that can be posted on the broker for $1 and still not sell.
    • Like x 3
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The only problem is, its been confirmed that, you can get banned if you receive said attachments from a gold spammer since you are connected to them/look like a cash/item dump character. This is probably a fool proof way for them to a) keep their ads in your mailbox indefinitely or b) force the devs to stop cracking down on their true mail dump characters by having them unknowingly ban their own playerbase.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is an evil of the highest order. I believe all these gold sellers are owned by Lexcorp. If I catch a ban for pulling down some Wax Lips some spambot sends me, I'm going to lose my mind and DBG will lose a sub. It would figure that the only people getting the crackdown will end up being honest players who will likely have no voice to fix the issue afterwards.

Reinheld
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I have started removing the attachment and then sending it back to them with a note that says "No thank you."

I feel like that absolves me of any Daybreak ToS violation, plus it allows me to do a passive-aggressive spam of them right back.