Captain Danforth and the Struggles of Stupidity (STORY TIME!!!!)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Hey, guys! So my parents and I were having a lot of fun during dinner tonight coming up with probably one of the most ridiculous story ideas ever, but it's so farfetched, it's actually pretty entertaining! So, I decided to post it here since there's been like NO fun in this Funhouse in weeks, and let's face it, this place needs a little bit of randomness and stupidity to shake things up!

So before I start, here's a little information on Captain Danforth and his struggles.

Captain Danforth Dumas was the leader of a very sheltered race of people in a land called Dumbish. In the year of 205, a new race of stronger, more intelligent people called the Whise, led by Smarticles (pronounced Smart-ih-cleez) the Great, invaded the land of the Dumbish, and Captain Danforth, ignorant to the ways of the Whise, was tricked into handing over the Deed of the Dumbish to Smarticles. For a decade, Danforth had been trying and failing to reclaim his land and return his people to their simple-minded, carefree lives, but with each passing year, Smarticles grew more powerful than before, and Danforth quickly buckled under the man's unwavering wit.

Present Day: Idiose Village, Land of the Dumbish, Year 211.

Sir Aerheade Dunice, long-time friend and ally of Captain Danforth, anxiously awaits on the outskirts of town for the return of his faithful companion. Moments later, a tall, silver-haired man of great build marches confidently toward Aerheade, a donkey panting warily at his side.

"Captain!" Aerheade exclaims, waving frantically at his superior. "Back from the kingdom so soon? And with no soldiers at your guard?"

Danforth beams at his friend as he releases the donkey into the village. "Do not fear, my comrade! I bear great news for the people of the Dumbish!"

Aerheade claps his hands together in glee as he ponders his superior's success. "Oh, please, sir, have you reclaimed the Deed?"

"Not yet," the man says, reaching into the pocket of his britches. He pulls out a thin, golden rod shaped to fit a lock, and dangles it brashly above his friend's head. "But I have the next best thing! This is the key to the room where Smarticles has hidden the Deed!"

Aerheade reaches up for the key, and snatches it out of Danforth's strong, musk-scented hands. He inspects the rod carefully, his smile fading when he realizes the key had been split in half, the other piece nowhere in sight. "Sir, this is only half of a key."

Danforth lifts a hand to his face, and gently twirls the ends of his coarse mustache around his index finger. "Ah, yes, Smarticles only traded me half."

"Traded?" Aerheade returns the key to his captain, and furrows an eyebrow in question. "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean."

His friend laughed. "Surely you didn't expect Smarticles to just give me the key for free! I traded him the soldiers at my side! What use are they to me when neither the Whise nor the Dumbish wish to fight?"

"But, sir!" Aerheade protests, now crossing his arms. "How do you expect we get the other half? We have nothing else to trade!"

Danforth's eyes widen, and he drops his arms glumly to his sides. "You know, my friend, I didn't think about that...."

Aerheade shakes his head. "Forgive me, sir, but the Dumbish are a lost cause! Perhaps it would be better if we adapt to the ways of the Whise!"

"Nonsense!" Danforth snaps, stepping around the smaller man. "I will not rest until this land is mine again, and the Dumbish are free to think for themselves! We are simple-minded people, Aerheade! We can't just stand by and let Smarticles and those men tell us how to go about our lives!"

Aerheade opens his mouth to respond, but by the time he has found his words, Danforth has traveled too far to hear his voice. Ah, forget it, he thinks to himself, starting toward the village. No one listens to the Dumbish, anyway.

....AAAAANNNDDD that's all I have for now! Pretty lame, right? Oh well, it had my parents cracking up pretty badly, so that's all that matters, I guess :p Anyway, enjoy!
    • Like x 6
  2. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Heh... Aerheade.
    • Like x 2
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Hey....where's the TL;DR?

:p

I shall mark this for reading when I'm not "working".
    • Like x 3
  4. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Don't worry, the entire story is completely pointless, it's just meant for a good laugh :p
    • Like x 2
  5. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

:eek: spoiler alert next time please!
    • Like x 2
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I love it Free!
    • Like x 2
  7. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Thanks! :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Lemon Lass New Player

*clap clap* I like it
    • Like x 2
  9. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I enjoyed it. To be continued...?

I have an idea for an ending, I can PM it if you don't mind.
    • Like x 2
  10. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Lol, I was kinda just planning on Danforth failing over and over again, since he's based on someone close to me, but sure, go for it :p
    • Like x 1
  11. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

This is a great little story, it had me laughing a lot. Hopefully there is more to come soon.
    • Like x 1
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yeah Imma be waiting for pt.2 the return of Danforth
    • Like x 2
  13. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Lol, thank you, guys! There may be one coming soon! (Probably not today, though, as I'm too lazy to write today :p)
    • Like x 1
  14. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

*psssst* More coming, guys, pass it on!
    • Like x 2
  15. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

<3 IT!
    • Like x 1
  16. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Thanks! :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

This was a funny find
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Maybe they will return and free us from this prison?