Can't lunge Santo Cassamento Rifle Attack

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Jeff Bond, May 14, 2013.

1. Jeff Bond Committed Player

When Santo is doing his full auto machine gun attack (Which should be interrupt able) You can't score the interrupt with a lunge. Since the attack hits for over 600 a hit this is very difficult to defend against.

Please investigate
    • Like x 1
  2. Valor New Player

I think it's a special, and not a weapon attack per se. You have to stun him, or knock him down. The only time you can't do that is when he's immune from prior CC.
  3. Lamar New Player

Its the devs way of making the game more of a challenge, when its actually annoying when the npc don't follow the same mechanics we do.
    • Like x 1
  4. Miahztwin Committed Player

lol off subject, but has anyone else been getting the same bodygaurd? ive done it at least 15x and have croc 10 of those 15
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

As I posted before in another topic, the combat mechanics in PVE are ok - as long as they are the same for NPC's as for us.
    If not, if the NPC's can clip faster than any player, if they are macroing and if they cheat, those mechanics must be taken away from them again.

Btw., why does a blocking NPC just take 1 damage per hit, while we still take 300-600, depending on the mob attacking us?
    +1 for this topic.
  6. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Its when he grabs a weapon off the wall. I think they intended that to be non interuptable.
  7. DARKKNIGHT New Player

just use l2 circle it'll stun him.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The stun moves don't always work, as the boss resistances are pretty high. That particular attack is counting as a weapon attack - not a power attack, and it's one Penguin has been using forever. It's cheap, as it has a repulse effect that you can't break out of, and the repulse effect can pull you out of the block animation. It can't be counter lunged either. It's not an ability that follow PVP mechanics, and this move was implemented before the PVP mechanics were introduced and may have been overlooked.

Needs addressing, either way.
    • Like x 1