Cannot Access One Character

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, May 1, 2024.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I had a character that was in the Stabilizer solo when the game went down for maintenance this morning. Now that the game is back up, I am unable to access that character. I get the screen that the world is currently down for maintenance after a long loading screen. Has anyone experienced this? Will support help me?
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

Yes, this is when your character is stuck in "Bad State". Happened to me alot. You need to reach out to support & they will move your character to another zone where it can load.
    • Like x 3
  3. the solowing Unwavering Player

It'll eventually come back up, mines had some the same thing occassionall. Check back later
    • Like x 2
  4. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Yes happening to me now. Where is support link?
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

6. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Thanks submitting a ticket now
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My character was moved to the Watchtower by GM Dunbar. If GM Dunbar reads this, thank you!

Now, I am unable to access the same character after warping to his base. Seems there may be an issue with the sewer lair? Any chance you also have a character there?

I have a second character I will test shortly... My other character with a sewer lair is also unable to log in. This seems to be a bigger issue than just characters.
  8. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Yep I switched to my old sewer lair, I actually logged on to my other character and warped to the stuck toons lair thinking I would just delete all base items but ended up getting him stuck as well. I forgot to mention in the ticket I was a villain don't know if that makes a difference or not before I quit playing all this stuff wasn't merged
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

10. Eve YouTuber

I would recommend make a report at Arkham Asylum (and then try again tomorrow to go to that base to see if server restarts fix it) and let GM Dunbar know about the issue, aswell as your character needs to be moved again because the lair is causing it to get stuck.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Did both of those things. I hope we find out soon what happened, and it gets corrected. It would be nice to have access to all my characters again.
    • Like x 1
  12. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

I only have access to my crappy healer right now
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm likely not going to play much due to this for similar reasons. To top things off, my Nth Metal Detector was no longer active on the character I had get stuck. I lost 3-4 Nth Metal caches from my purchase, and I doubt support will refund the detector since they don't really do those things.
  14. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

I just want access to my character within a reasonable time.
  15. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

I think it happens when the world goes down for maintenance while you are in a phase that will no longer be available upon server reset. I.e being in phase 100 in dakota when there is only 3 people in phase 1 and no where else. Instances are different as there is only 1 phase and it will transport you out of them as soon as you log off.

Im not sure what happened here but it has happened to me before, try logging in multiple times on that character and wait a few mins, the game will sort itself out eventually (5mins usually for me)
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Now... THAT would be a cool new power for the game.

Altho, I'd think that would be kind of counter-productive as a healer power.... Seems more likely to just cause infections.

[IMG]