Can you make the Lazarus Pit Water more temping?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deus Ex Machina, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Like say for example, when you do decide to use it once within that 12 or 4 hour time time period (depending on rank) can you make it so that it fully replenishes our health and power as well applies a small shield? As of right now this artifact leaves a lot to be desired. I've come to terms with how long the cooldown is so it can still stay as is. These are just some suggestions but I'm sure everyone else can chime in with their own modifications or even think this isn't a great idea at all.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's fine as is. The fact that it allows you to self rez is tempting enough.
    • Like x 3
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m considering building it up just because of the health/power bonuses, never mind the self rez. :D
    • Like x 2
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Strike my previous message; I hadn't realized the cool-down gets shorter with increased level.
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Agreed. It should also override the elite death limit.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

No because part of the game is knowing when to stand back up again.

Healers should be paying attention to people standing up so they get ready to catch them or use a shield. If they're not then the healers are not doing their job.
    • Like x 1
  7. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

That's great, but also a discussion for another time and another thread. The discussion here is to try and make the artifact more appealing or at least more desirable than the other ones introduced recently. I don't have numbers but in my opinion and personal observations I think the Venom Wrist Dispenser is by far the most popular. The sheer amount of precision one gets for 6s is really insane. It's no ones guess why this one wouldn't be popular. Following closely behind would be the Demon's Fang. It's also a great artifact being its literally the second healer artifact introduced making it a great candidate for any healer. Again, my opinion and personal observations, I have not seen a single person utilizing the Lazarus Pit Water artifact, (including myself). I was thinking, "Why is that?" You could argue, well it's very niche and you can only use it once per a certain period of time. Well, I've been in several groups lately closely inspecting and sometimes asking around if anyone bothered with the artifact. Most if not all just said I only got it to rank 20 and that's probably where it will stay. Some even said after I got it to 20, they fed it to another artifact on double XP day.

I mean at the end of the day, this artifact probably will never see a change and rightfully so. It still has it's base stats for health and power.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It's not a discussion for another thread because the way you want to make it more appealing I'm not agreeable with, but that's ok I do see why you want what you want for what it's worth.

As for the venom wrist well that's only popular because and I'm going to be brutally honest here and weapon players won't like it but they're all currently bandwagoning on a broken weapon, being dual wield to bow flurry that's not losing its wm damage following jump cancel.

That's right I said it.. your weapon is broken and you're exploiting it, come at me
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, this makes it desirable for many tanks as an added bonus... but I have to say I agree that it should at least restore you to full health.

Imagine, you're a tank, you rez yourself, the second you hit even 1 power, you draw aggro again, so you have no way of getting your own health up. The CD on soders is paused when you're dead, so you can't even be sure you'll have a soder to pop. For healers or trolls or whatever, not a problem, but for tanks it is.

Plus, it's not like it's even every fight. It's only once every 6 - 12 hours. However, I bow to the wishes of the majority, because I don't like artifacts being too useful or essential either.
    • Like x 1
  10. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

The real fix it needs is a confirmation of use, a different button besides square, a 2 second delay before you can use it, or a combo of buttons. Too many times I’ve had to sit on my four hour cook own because I was pooping a power at my time of death which made me erroneously use the artifact. This hurt the most when I was tanking in usE going for the part 5 fest and I accidentally popped up in the same whatever I died from. When the action is hot, this got misused several times. Coincidentally those are the only times it’s truly needed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

I love how you say DW is broken. You just sound like another crybaby. Complaining its too hard even though we need way more sp to spec into our combos. Look dude powers have been top dog for 3 years straight. And you can't handle that WM load outs are beating pftt for 6 months? It's not as if its the best and nothing can touch it. It's just better on bosses. The only thing that's broken about the artifact is it only lasts 6 seconds. So there's very few combos to use, to get the full benefit. DW is the best because of the combo. It's fast and does multiple hits. It's not our fault all the other combos suck. And seriously it's not an exploit. That's what everyone says about everybody. Why can't it ever be you're good because you're good?
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The truth always tends to hit a nerve, ask yourself why none of the other weapons behave the same, are they broken or is the outlier (DW) broken.

It's ok though man, Let's just play this song, hug if you like, be friends

13. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

The reason is simple. It's easier. There 40 WM combos. Weapons are not the preferred method of play. Powers are. The devs know this. Why waste time trying to make all the combos good when the devs can focus on 4? It's a waste of time and resources. Here is some truth the reason things like pvp are broken or simply unplayable, are people like you complaining about everything. Saying that's an exploit, that's a glitch, that's cheap, whatever. So here is another truth you're not as good as you think you are. And you should quit with the everything that beats you is an exploit. And maybe spend more time playing the game, than making a bunch of smart *** remarks on the forums.
  14. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

15. Proxystar #Perception

I'll make another thread let's talk about it in there, you should really try keeping emotive, irrationality out of your argument, it won't help you win the debate. ;)
  16. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Nob
    Nobody is winning the debate right now. It's me vs you. Two people arguing. I think I'm right you think you're right. This is like a conservative explaining to a liberal or vise versa in one on one why there wrong. No one is winning lol. We're just wasting each others time. But sure lets continue the discussion in the other thread.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

maybe a slice of lemon?
  18. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

One of the other reasons most people aren't using the Lazarus Pit Water is that it can only be used (at most) every 4 hours or so..if you have it totally leveled up. You only have two Artifact slots. People are going to fill those with Artifacts that work 24 hours a day, not one item that has such a long cool down and is essentially a less than dependable parachute.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed. Make self revive only an option at the last 3 seconds of the revive window, or after the normal revive timer is expired....like for 3 seconds after you'd be knocked out....square to self-revive, triangle to flee.

Reinheld
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I heard that's the artifact from the vault for next April 1st.