Can you lower your CR?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Mind, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The reason I ask this is because I have an alt who is CR322 however, he is missing quite a few of the feats that achieved when you use the CR skip. Grinding new gear is not a concern, I would rather save some replay badges and use all the bonuses to boost him up. I don't have another alt right now that I would like to use the CR skip on, I would prefer to make a good alt better.

I have tried deleting a piece of gear, but all that did was lower his Equipped CR, not his overall CR. I have no higher gear in my inventory or shared bank that would raise up his CR, so I'm wondering, once you achieve a CR are you stuck there or can you lower it?
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

N

Nope, no way to lower your CR.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can lower your Equipped CR by removing gear/swapping for lower level gear. You can not lower your Overall CR, that is your permanent combat rating.
    • Like x 1
  4. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I guess you could delete your highest leveled gear and your CR would also drop. Not sure if this works though. And if it did, you'd have to gear up again.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That does NOT work. There is no way to lower your actual CR, only Equipped CR.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

There's no need to do that really. You can run any content you like that's below your current CR and get full marks, full rewards, and get all the feats you complete to pop. If it's not challenging enough, you can literally remove *all* your gear and still have stats good enough to complete the instance.
    • Like x 1
  7. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I think OP is thinking more about the grindy feats, like complete X challenges, duos, alerts, salvages, treasure chests, etc. Some of the older content is also fairly challenging to find groups to run with.
    • Like x 1
  8. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Thanks everybody! I had a bad feeling I wouldn't be able to lower my CR, turns out my hunch was right. I guess I can just hold onto the CR skip for now.
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

This exactly.
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The only way is to use Rreplays to get the feats or leave the alt untouched until the next cr skip.
  11. Random Mind Dedicated Player

He can still do dailies and bounties in the current episode since the loot boxes stack and when a new episode drops I'll just put the previous episode boxes in the his bank until the next CR skip increase or I decide it just isn't worth the trouble. That way he still earns source marks and episode currency, plus I wouldn't want leave him untouched because there are easy open world feats that I don't want him to miss out on.