Can we play the 'guess the next power' game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liongale, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Savage Mind Committed Player

No. Not a raid. It will be an 8 man operation. Operations are the future.
  2. Dogzday Dedicated Player

3. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Lol which one?
  4. TheAnticipated Well-Known Player

why does everyone want a sword and shield ? I'd much prefer a lasso/whip type weapon over a generic sword and shield one.
  5. SuperiorMouse New Player

because the devs have ALREADY told us about a million times that they cannot do a lasso / whip because of technical limitations related to the technology and the resource issues of the ps3. everyone wants this, but it's not happening.
    • Like x 1
  6. Neph Dedicated Player

I don't think even Spytle knows what the next power is going to be...
    • Like x 2
  7. McGhee Well-Known Player

I can envision how almost any power already in game could be any class. Tank to troller is the hardest conversion. I wish the dev had built the game so that all power could play all roles (not simultaneously). But they didn't and it would probably be way to much work to change it now.

I don't know if you are a comic reader or an avid reader but I am. Throughout their history, both Firestorm & Atom have exhibited abilities consistent with DCUO troller class. Some of which include destiny control (aggro drop), constructs (shield and control), and energy transference abilities. Additionally, from a science fiction perspective beings with the ability to manipulate the atomic structure of their surroundings can pretty much do what ever they want.

Trust me on this one: there will be no shortage of Rage users. Until it releases, we can't get an idea of how many will keep it but plenty of people will try it.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLoneLantern New Player

Dislike haha.
  9. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Water & Blue Lantern healing are not same, just like Rage & Fire maybe assumed be same as well.

I doubt there'll be physical set, because there is already Earth to emulate it & physical power doesn't make sence as ranged DPS. In this game even Brawling & 1h can perform range attack, so each powerset must contain decent number of Ranged attacks as well, but Physical looks like Pure Melee class. Personally i believe it will be still Atomic due different reasons.
  10. TheAnticipated Well-Known Player

You're arguing with me when we're in agreement? I'm making the same argument as you are :p
  11. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

I think if they become so scrupulous with Rage, bringing it as another deputized lanterns. They after bring us maximal detailized powers. So there may appear Blue Lanterns, Water, Wind, Shadow & Cybernetics. & i don't think there's very few place left in PS3 memory, if they turn this way. Maybe they just scare us.
    As for order i dunno know really what it will be. Most likely DLC 10 without power, but maybe still not.
    Something like:
    DLC 10 - troll power (weather/sonic)
    DLC 11 - tank power (atomic)
    DLC 12 - heal power (lanterns)
    or
    DLC 10 - N/A
    DLC 11 - tank power (atomic)
    DLC 13 - troll power (weather/sonic)
    or
    DLC 10 - N/A
    DLC 11 - N/A
    DLC 14 - tank power (atomic)
    or
    DLC 10 - N/A
    DLC 11 - N/A
    DLC 12 - N/A
    DLC 14 - tank power (atomic)
    DLC 15 - heal power (lanterns)

or with twisted inside some single DLC. E.g. one of DLC 1X may be separate from HoP & centered around the Atom, Firestorm, Atom Smasher etc with raids/alerts being shrunk & it will finally bring playable Atomic powerset. Same as one of 1X DLC's centered around Atlanteans & bring Water.
  12. NorthernLad New Player

My top wishes would be, in this order:

Weather - Controller power
    Love (aka Star Sapphire power) - Healer power
    Water - Healer power
    • Like x 1
  13. Veritas New Player

Superman himself couldn't make that leap you just made.Yikes!!!
  14. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

15. Waterfall Well-Known Player

Turtles in a half shell???? TURTLE POWER!
    • Like x 1
  16. Nemisor Committed Player

i tried to follow that, i just ended up at sheep powers. woot next dlc is sheep powers, centred around the jokers war on New Zealand:p
  17. NorthernLad New Player

18. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

I included fire there to make it Multi-PI powerset, that utilizes three most usable PI's - Burning, Frostbite & Electrify. Just like Mental or Gadgets.
  19. NorthernLad New Player

It makes sense, it just crosses a line of maybe getting a little too much into ice or fire powers.
  20. Dametria Loyal Player

I was being silly about just pretending water is blue lantern powers, no need for a "sarcastic backlash" my friend. I am a fan of Lantern lore (hence why I am the Emerald Amazon, a best of both worlds RP:p).
    I just am in agreement with many of my fellow players that a water (hydro kinesis) would be really sweet. And DKM has convinced me that Atomic based tank powers are really worth considering.