Can we make archangel gear free ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EXINGTON, Dec 17, 2013.

1. EXINGTON Well-Known Player

To my understanding a big reason why they cannot make PVE gear unusable in PVP instances is because many players are not able to acquire even the t0 set of PVP, cause of cash limitations. I feel as if the Archangel set should be completely free as it is already a minimal amount of in game currency to purchase.

This way there should be no reason that PVE gear should be allowed in PVP instances anymore.... Which is something the PVP community desperately needs if DCUO is ever to reach a pinnacle of fair and competitive gameplay, I feel as if this is a fair solution to everybody involved.
    • Like x 1
  2. Solutha New Player

Its not hard to get cash in this game. If you sell the gear you get while leveling you should have about 40-50k easy when you hit 30. If you are a premium or free player then you will just have to work around that by holding gear to sell. Its part of the burden they want you to experince so you will buy escrow or subs.
    • Like x 2
  3. BrokenGameHater New Player

Free? Isn't it roughly 5k??? Isn't that close enough to free anyway?????????
    • Like x 1
  4. Delta795 New Player

Um...no
    • Like x 1
  5. EXINGTON Well-Known Player

Thats all well and good but this is more important, if we are to fix PVP in this game this is an issue that should be addressed and also take the most direct solutions for. We don't need to wait 2-3 months down the line until the Dev's come up with a solution the PVP community right now is suffering as it is. I can only see benefits for the PVP community if this is implemented, the new players will have incentive to do this for the free feat alone.

This way we can finally disable PVE gear in PVP instances....
  6. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I was going to say no, but then it occured to me that currently you have to explicity go looking for PvP gear....and maybe people just don't bother.

If PvP gear was automatically granted to players at a specific level....maybe more people would try (and hopefully) enjoy PvP.

Anyways, as it is the cost of AA gear isn't a signficiant barrier....as others have mentioned, just buy bits and sell things to get around any applicable cash-cap.
  7. danielqpk New Player

I understand making it cheaper... But, free uh is there anything in this game that's free???
    • Like x 1
  8. EXINGTON Well-Known Player

What does that matter if it's free or not ??? The game loses literally nothing by doing this, you can't salvage PVP gear so you can't exploit any R&D feats. If you make T0 free right now Dev's you will fix this whole PVE gear in PVP dilemma, and it will be another step in bringing those people back.
  9. Solutha New Player

You do know that you can PVP before level 30. If you restrict PVE gear from PVP what happens then? I'm not saying PVE gear should or shouldn't be allowed in PVP. I perfer it wasn't. What I am saying is its not a simple fix as just making cash gear free.
    • Like x 1
  10. General Zod 10000 Post Club

The game itself is free to download. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. danielqpk New Player

:eek: give this man a cookie! Lol got me there!
  12. EXINGTON Well-Known Player

Then make it accessible from when you hit your lvl 10 mission to que for arenas then ? The PVE in this game is based off the PVP combat mechanic's, its better if these newer players learn how to properly gear for PVP anyway !!!!
  13. danielqpk New Player

He beat me to my own post^
    archangel would have to replace the crappy safe house gear and be allowed to buy for lets say 250 cash each at level 9
  14. Solutha New Player

I payed $60 for it ;)
    • Like x 2