Can we have a 4th artifact slot now?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mr.W, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Mr.W Committed Player

As the title implies, now that the eye of Gemini is being heavily nerfed, can we finally have a 4th artifact slot now? Pretty please lol. I want to expand build diversity further.
  2. Limey Committed Player

Exactly, now that Trans/Strat/EOG is no longer the meta, now we want Trans/Strat/Quis/Grim as the new 'optional but by far most common combination' meta.
  3. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

Tbh that's a very fair suggestion especially for certain powers and builds
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

Expanding the artifact slots will also allow ppl to deviate from Trans & strat to experiment with different builds that weren't before possible. Example a sorc player could run shard, mercy, Quislet, & Grim with their fury to recreate a "grand summon" build which is less than desirable at a 1000sc imo.

Also all support roles will have fresh combinations.
  5. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

Sounds crazy but i can make another crazy build setup Lernae, Trans, Lamort, Strat 80+ become the new DPS meta for most btw go check out the other post that i commented in Buff Lamort and check it out especially the Deadshot Ally post
    • Like x 1
  6. Domvsdom New Player

I actually agree with this we need a 4th slot now especially for support roles
  7. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

It’ll probably create a new toxic meta and it would result in a nerf to whatever it is because we players are good at exploiting certain arts.If they can balance the content around it then I’m for it and tbh they should fuse certain arts since there’s too many and no one uses majority of em unless you’re artifact switching
    • Like x 1
  8. Warped Discord Moderator

Exactly this. I personally don’t see the need for a 4th artifact slot.
    • Like x 1
  9. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Make sure the thread stays open. I can't think of an easier way to single out everyone who wants to replace one bad option that's finally been fixed with a brand new one.

It'll certainly make deciding who's "solutions" to take seriously and who's not to going forward easier.
  10. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

No offense but with a thought process like that it truly limits the game, and makes no sense simply because there is a reason as to why the game has multiple artifacts. In the 1st place if an artifact is no longer meta or was useless just slightly buff it better yet rework it there's no point in combining certain artifacts together ever, this would truly hurt the game progress thinking like that you better off telling the devs to just remove the 2 other art slots only give us 1 art slot and combine every artifact together as 1 artifact. if that's the case which it's not so instead the perfect thing for the devs to do is now add a 4th slot to be very fair or fully backtrack all changes for EoG and leave it as is and just buff every other artifact in the game to be very equal to the point no artifact is better then the other, every artifact at that point will just become optional and based on the player choice and preference and tbh now thinking about what i just typed should be done just balance every single artifact in the game to be entirely equal buff the rest and the art problem will become instantly solved nothing to complain about because everything will be good to use for any build just the player choice to make on what to use there won't be any metas then because everything is balanced
  11. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I think base on reason and let’s say they put a 4th,you think that’ll stop a “there’s should be a 5th art slot”.People always want more amd don’t think on what would happen if implemented
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

My analysis on the EOG changes & how they effect tanks was spot on, agreed by most, & even compelled Ranmaru to make an adjustment specifically for tanks.

My analysis on the less desirable synergy between the new ebond art & the Amulet (which was stated to go together) has agreed on by most.

I was the first to make a thread on the sudden drop in our stats a few months ago, then others tested it & that allowed us to get percentage increases in our head augments.

Many of my remarks regarding most allies have also been spot on & agreed upon by most.

I've also brought to the devs attention that everything in the game has been scaled to the EOG so all content will have to be readjusted after this change as soon as possible.

These are just a few wonderful things I helped to point out so yes I think this will show my ideas are valid & should be taken very seriously.
  13. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

That's quite a lot of grandstanding, the only thing missing is the humility to notice that everything you listed is your opinion, of yourself. That and the understanding of how the Forums does not represent a majority of the playerbase, it never has and likely never will.

We could peel back the layers of what you typed and how it clearly shows you value approval above all, likely more than even an honest opinion. But to be fair you don't look like some of the recent Forum Members who treasure insults over facts. Regardless, if you've come up with all the mentioned ideas on your own then there's clearly intelligence there, meaning you must already see the problem with adding another Artifact Slot, ultimately making this exchange paradoxical.
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

Haha ok even if others request a 5th art slot won't make any difference, let the devs deal with that problem after they add the 4th slot releases.
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

It's not grandstanding or seeking approval when you can literally go through the forums & bug reports yourself......

Not even even an argument
  16. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

Why explain yourself to him like he's god or something that came down to lay judgement upon everything
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

I'm honestly interested in all the different ways this can open up support roles :)

Example: many ppl feel atomic tanks don't have the same staying power it use to so a combination of symbols, strat, circe mask, & distile refractor can be beautiful in providing additional health, additional (passive) healing, buffs to self passive healing, & stuns which were removed from the powerset itself.
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

Sorc has a lot of slow healing, no whole room healing, only 1 "burst" group heal for raid wide mechanic damage such as zues lighting in the wonderverse raid, & relatively weak pet healing.

A combination of PHR, page, orb, & possibly strat can naturally give the power whole room heals, 2 pets that can help each other heal, a safety net b/c it's heals are naturally slow (the bird sc has been nerfed b/c of changes to eog) & a mitigation shield.

A forth slot will make it much easier to address the issues with the powersets themselves vs taking another 2yrs to rebalance powersets again. The very introduction of artifacts was obvious & creative fix with less stress on the dev team in my opinion.
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

If someone wanted to be a traditional power debuff troll instead of a buff troll they can run rao, bop, strat, & grimbor's.

A forth slot can fix the traditional troll role much easier than trying to rebalance the vit equation that was off at the start of revamp (and MANY ppl on live server were upset about it).
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

A fourth can help mitigate more underlining issues than it causes.

For the few outliners that a 4th slot might bring, it would be easier to address them individually as opposed to trying to readjust all the numbers for every powerset, of every role.

This would in turn yield higher productivity for the devs to focus more on content than powersets & more enjoyment to the player base for the increased diversity of build choices.

Its a simple & logical win, win for everyone.