Can we bring back LFG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I always wondered why the LFG chat was removed from the default tab. New players really need this chat available to form their own groups and get feats.

Is is possible to add this chat once the players hit level 30?
    Or if not possible, just display it as default. There are ton of players that don't even know it's existence.

Additional, will any chances to chat restrictions on free players be lifted? We all know why it was made a.k.a cash bots, but it hurts more then it does any good. Plus, by addressing the root cause (inability to send cash by mail) this problem was more then addressed.

Thanks
    • Like x 1
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

At the beginning ' LFG' channel didn't exist. Previously the way we form by shout. Lfg, It was added couple years ago.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What are you talking about? LFG Channel has been in the game since the beginning.
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Hopefully the chat restrictions for F2P stick to keep the gold spammers at a minimum.
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

We want to default it back on. Further modifications in the future on when it comes on, what restrictions remain or are lifted or changed, etc. won't be done for EP41 but defaulting it back on at least is something we have asked to be done.
    • Like x 9
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I greatly support this, many newcomers don't know that this channel exists, which deprives them of an important element. I think that the penalty for non-subscribers should be removed as well, I think it's a very bad idea for this category of players and especially now that players don't have a lot of patience on DCUO and this kind of penalty doesn't help at all when searching for a group which can take a long time, especially at the end of a DLC.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

From my experience playing games that have the LFG tab as a default; it can get very crazy and hard to read with many players asking for groups. I find the LFG tab frustrating and I seldom use it because it is still full of spam messages and there is no way to slow it down or filter it to match your specific grouping needs.

Personally, I like the LFG chat the way it is right now; having it as a default feels like "begging" to be in the group every time you log in, in my opinion, and I don't always need to be in a group "every time" I log into an MMO.

However, I can deal with a "default LFG tab" as long as I can use the settings to remove/toggle that feature from all of my characters in one shot.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you are putting it in by default, can it appear in it's own channel (along with group/shout/league...as appear in default) vs adding it to the 'main' default tab? On by default sure...but in it's own tab would be better (IMHO) for those who aren't exactly sure what it all is. Tabbing over to it would be easy (easier than building a tab...which is already pretty easy) so it's 'there'...just not up in your grill.
    • Like x 3
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

I don't think we have UI time to make a tab even at this point (but I'll ask) but certainly can make it more better after 41, if we can't now. We've talked about a tab for it. With all the extremely UI intensive elements going into ep41 (daily login, allies, on duty quick play) I'm lucky to get this request considered. I think there's room for improvement for sure and we'll strive for that once things lighten up a bit from this episode.
    • Like x 6
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, take your time and make sure it's good to go. Better late and right than early and ....well, less than right.
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

:)
  12. C3alix Committed Player

Wait what? LFG hasn't been here since the beginning. In order to form a raid group back then, we'd go into the watchtower and use Shout to form a group, and you'd have to switch phases sometimes. Watchtower was like the ONLY place you'd go to if you wanted to make a raid group.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've been here since 2012/2013, I remember asking someone how to turn it off because it was annoying. It definitely wasn't "added a couple years ago."
    • Like x 2
  14. Dev72 Dedicated Player

If I remember correctly, LFG was added late 2013 early 2014 (maybe 2015, but certainly not later than that). But yes, the meta back then before it was added was the shout chat in WT/HOD to form groups with people in group in different phases trying to form runs. Which was a pain in the butt, because of the spamming that still occurs in shout.

I specifically remember adding LFG to my default tab shortly after people started using it over just shouting in the WT/HOD, because of the spamming.
  15. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Ah so great that they archived the older post, makes it hard to even go back and look at SORE update notes.
  16. Dev72 Dedicated Player

huh?
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

True. When I first jumped in game it was in default. It was actually the reason I learned how to set up the chat tabs as I also wanted it out. For a level 20-30 noob trying to level up or figure things out, a constant stream of shouts for 'Gates' or 'need Troll for Prime speed run' weren't helping me at all. And what the heck is BIA, FAM...or DOX? (asking back then, not now...dur). Turned it off for a while, then later added to it's own tab (along with Trade in it's own). I do still keep a 'shot-show' tab with everything for boring farmer type days, but yeah, it's almost impossible to look at with shout, trade, LFG all full of nonsense and gold sellers.

No return of the 'shot-show' please.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was added in a game update on January 28 2013.
  19. Dev72 Dedicated Player

OK....I knew it was early, (certainly not since the beginning nor the last few years) but could not remember the exact dates considering I have slept since its release.
  20. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Sore had made a post with all the updates, I actually saved it to my watched threads.

But since they archived older post when I go to look at the updates in question it gives an error and will not show the page.

So when you said late 2013, early 2014 it was easy to go back and check.

Since someone else gave you the information there really is no need to repeat what is said, so I am only referencing the old update post that Sore made.
    • Like x 1