Can Someone Explain Socketing/Mods?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Force of Nature, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Force of Nature New Player

Okey so i just hit level 30 and want to socket my gear but how? I need someone to explain this to me, Thanks
  2. Old Gravyleg New Player

To craft mods you need plans and exobits. You can buy alpha/beta plams from a vendor near the r&d, or find higher tier plans from bosses or the broker. You collect exobits from glowing things in the open world or buy them from the broker. Use the R7D station to combine bits into bytes, and craft bytes into mods.

I highly recommend not modding anything until you're mid 60cr and nearing 70, and even then only mod with beta's of the appropriate color, for the affinity bonus and cr boost.
  3. Force of Nature New Player

Still kinda confussed :confused:
  4. Neptune New Player

Before i explain. Do you know what is exobite?
  5. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Try this tutorial.

6. flyinhawaiian16 New Player

Can I ask why you shouldn't mod until mid 60CR?
  7. Force of Nature New Player

Yes, lol
  8. Force of Nature New Player

Fools Fire thank you i now understand it, Thanks to everyone else to :D
  9. Old Gravyleg New Player

Because exobits cost a ton of cash or time to gather, and you don't want to just slap them in every bit of gear you get throughout your progression because of how quickly you'll replace it. If you were to mod every piece of gear you get with betas (8 bits), without using scanners, you're going to be farming exos on average 20-30+ minutes for every single piece of gear you upgrade. Modding from mid 60's will take you to 70's so you can start getting t4. Once you've got level 78 t4 items, drop some t4 mods in them.
  10. flyinhawaiian16 New Player

Ahh, ok. I usually get stacks of bits from iconic drop trades, so I don't have to farm. But I will keep that in mind!