Can I get a skill point?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIILuBuIII, Jun 30, 2015.

1. IIILuBuIII Level 30

xLu Bu has completed the feat: Solo the New genesis bounty

All jokes aside I believe this to be quite the feat. With how powerful our characters have become in t7 I figured it would be nice to think outside the box and do something reckless and step it up. It probably won't work but I'm curious to know if this could warrant some sp?

I don't know if there is already a thread to post feat worthylike gameplay vids but if others have footage of their own they wanna share please do. I think there's more to this game then just grinding the gear.

xLu Bu
  2. TrueColors Well-Known Player

Sadly, if they were going to give feats to soloing open world bosses they would of done it a while ago. Could you imagine the issues that would arrive if you were soloing a boss in open world and someone came by and hit it just once ruining your feat..MASS CHAOS and anger would erupt.
    • Like x 1
  3. IIILuBuIII Level 30

In this case nobody else touched him but I get your point.
  4. IIILuBuIII Level 30

Soloed RTN a while back when throne and 116 cr was the hype. I had to come back stronger for the last boss fight though. Thx to my leaguemates for dropping me there.

part 1

part 2

part 3

final boss
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

i hope they will never consider giving skill points for that waste of time lol... if u can do it in 47 min as rage imagine how long u would need to do it with other powers which would be alot harder or not even possible...
    • Like x 1
  6. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Not to rain on your parade this is a feat but, doing it as rage...Idk, takes some of the flavor away imo. Well done though, i haven't the patience for these trial and error endeavors. You're a far more patient and tenacious person than I am.
  7. IIILuBuIII Level 30

Like I said earlier, it's about doing something outside the box that's all. If this is a waste of time for 47 min then don't get me started on survival mode.
    • Like x 2
  8. IIILuBuIII Level 30

After soloing Lightray I figured doing Fatal on my Rage toon would be a step backwards in difficulty so I made the attempt on my controller alt.

Enjoy!

9. Avian Dedicated Player

While it is impressive their definitely shouldn't be any in game perks for doing it simply because it's only very few powersets that allow you to solo certain things.
    • Like x 2
  10. IIILuBuIII Level 30

Hmm, All tank powers potentially could (Fire, Ice, Earth, Rage)
    All healing powers potentially could(power managment[IMG] would be key) Celestial, Nature, Electric, Sorcery
    I'd say only 2 of the controller powers would be at a serious disadvantage (light and quantum)

That's 10 out of 12 that I see being able to beat it, not a "few". I get the point where some powers let you do certain things over others but that doesn't make it any less feat worthy. Remember, althought the title of this thread is about skill points it's more about gameplay beyond what's already been done like[IMG] I mentionned in my first post.
  11. Avian Dedicated Player

Everything could potentially solo an instance the question is all powers are equal to the point where they can solo at level instances. Power management is key but the damage dealt to you and how the powers mitigate them also matters.

Been a while since I tried to solo anything, mostly because it takes too long but with the new CR changes I don't know if all powers do have a better chance at soloing as long as you are at the highest or second highest CR.
  12. IIILuBuIII Level 30

It's true that with the cr changes soloing Fatal with anything under 125 would probably be hectic due to how it would affect damage out/in. I have a 126 electric healer(mostly synthetic mods sadly), i'll see if it's actually possible to get it done. I also invite anyone who knows what this thread is about to post their own skilled gameplay.

Now....about that power management vs Mister Miracle and Big barda as a healer....I get a feeling this is gonna suck -_-
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

47 minutes? who's got time for that lol

all joking aside grats OP
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

which is why to this day I've not ran a single SM lol
  15. Avian Dedicated Player

I tried to solo Kalibak on New Genesis with my 125 Fire tank, the self heals provided by my powers were no where near enough to compensate for Kalibak's damage.
  16. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Lightray mostly does simple weapon attacks that are easily blocked and countered, especially if you keep him at range. There's nothing like Kalibak's jump and ground pound.
  17. Avian Dedicated Player

Yeah, I actually didn't watch the video until now, also didn't know that those things around the area give health.
  18. IIILuBuIII Level 30

I believe for the heroes lightray would be mantis and orion Kalibak. Lightray is a bit like lashina in his fighting. His main moves to worry about are combos and the beam he shoots that can one shot if caught off guard. A simple 3 hit move can take out 20 000+ of health and it's not always pvp counter feasible (Like when the first boss in ngn is immune to lunge but you can't just step out of the way and not take damage). I really don't think ranging is a good idea because his simple lunge could put you to sleep, had to get up close and dirty. For the ball there's no warning he just flings it at you and it's hella quick. I don't know how mantis fights....makes me want to work on my cr 66 hero now :(
  19. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

If you're at range and blocking, when Lightray does that lunge you'll block it, knock him down, and then gain counter immunity. You can get a quick counter damage burst in and then roll back to range again. it's a fighting style people use in PvP: bait someone until you get a counter, and then unload on them while flashing blue. As soon as you're at risk again, return to baiting.

Lightray was one of the SM bosses. Rolling and blocking the lunges is way easier than any other technique I tried. Mainly being at range also avoids him ever getting up close to do the big Handblaster melee combos.
  20. akaivy Dedicated Player

Impressive. But I would not want to solo everything in a game designed to be played with others.

It's nice to know it can be done, just in case you need to. I solo'd most of the league hall duo the other night because the other person left. (I think it was my fault. It was late and I may have dozed off a second or two and it probably made him angry. Sorry, whoever you were.) I decided not to open it back up and just finish it on my own. It may have taken a little longer than i would have liked, but I didn't want to fall asleep and cause someone else to leave :)