Can anyone please give me some guide on mental precision?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Evanhhs, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

I like the mental power and wanna go precision with superspeed. I plan to use the venom dispensor, transformation and strategist card. Currently I plan to use vortex trap, whirling dervish, weapon buff, drone and neo venom. I am not sure which DoT should I choose (or do I need one?).

Another thing is that I wanna do precision with martial art or dual wield, but I'm not sure if these 2 perform well among all weapons.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've never played Mental so I can't give any real solid advice on that front. However if you're going the Precision route having a DoT for extra "fire-and-forget" damage while you plug away with weapon strikes is always a plus. Just don't forget to throw a few points into Might every now and then. It doesn't have to be a point-for-point match with any Precision moves you make, but if you're going to use some powers it won't hurt.

Considering the loadout you're looking at includes a lot of close range fighting, MA or Dual Wield may be good choices. Both weapons have good lunge moves to get you into melee range and some decent juggle-style attacks to keep opponents stunned and easier to hit for a bit. Dual Wield also has a move very similar to Dervish but it requires about 10 hits in a row to get it to activate and it can be...challenging to get to those ten hits without being interrupted.

MA has a nice variety of speed on the hits. If you're unsure of whether or not MA might fit how you play, run the Huntress iconic solo from Origin Crisis. She can switch between Dual Pistols (or crossbows in her case) and MA, so run that mission in MA mode only and you should get a good idea of whether or not it clicks for you.
  3. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Should I use grimoriom verum instead of venom dispensor then? If I'm gonna use a DoT.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Vortex Trap and Whirling Dervish are very strong Might based moves (Dervish is actually broken-op) but they're not really great for a precision build. Generally speaking, if you're focusing on Precision you want most of your time to be spent doing weapon attacks, so yes, you need a DoT for precision. Phantom Flames is full range and is pretty good with or without a PI. Psychic Prison is mid-range, doesn't use a PI, and is twice the DPS of other power set's DoT abilities like Inferno.

If you're looking for a melee build, the best melee weapon in my testing was brawling-- followed somewhat distantly by Martial Arts and Hand Blaster.

Good Luck!
  5. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Thanks for ur reply! Do you got any suggestions on the substitution for vortex trap and dervish?
  6. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

menace will be required (weapon buff) and then probably neo venom as your supercharger

anything else doesnt really mater much honestly

def Grim over venom wrist
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm the wrong person to ask about Artifacts, as most of them (including the ones you mentioned) don't quite fit how I play so I've never explored them as options. That's why I didn't say anything about Artifact choice in my answer. LOL
  8. L T Devoted Player

I'd suggest something like:

Menace - Robot Sidekick - Neo Venom - Psychic Prison - Phantom Flames - Mass Terror/Grandeur/TK Shield/Reflect Pain

Your load out will depend on what weapon combo you're using. Only a handful of WM/cross-weapon combos can be "clipped" or shortened by using an ability, whereas most regular attacks can be shortened and still get full damage. Psychic Prison, as I mentioned before, does the same damage in 6 seconds that other powers' DoTs do in 12-- it's a really great move if you're at least mid-range (but you have to be fairly close to use it). With a 3 second weapon combo, you can alternate Phantom Flames and Psychic Prison between weapon attacks and just throw in a shield. If you're using a really short combo, or if you're not close enough to use Psychic Prison, you'll need a burst like MT.

If you haven't leveled either artifact, go with Grim over Venom. It gives you a little more flexibility. If you already have Venom leveled, it's still a good artifact to use with precision.

Also-- just food for thought-- NVB has a long cool down. You can hide it inside of Invisibility and get a strong shield (with the improved stealth hand mod) plus a bunch of load out options.
  9. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Lmao it's okay mate you've been helpful and thank youu
  10. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Thank you mateee I'll try grim out
  11. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

That's sounds like a solid loadout. Was hesitate for using stealth coz I fear I might not have enough power, but as I got for prec now perhaps it won't be that much of a problem. Coz before I tried might and used stealth it's just really power hungry.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Yeah if power is ANY factor at all you should take Invisibility out of your load out, in raids at least. As Precision you get a significant boost for being one of the group members with the most full power bar, so you don't want to be in the bottom half of the group.

Besides skill points, what can help a lot with power is farming the most recent boss bounties-- the Legion ones drop base mods pretty frequently even if your toon is below CR310.
    • Like x 1