Cain St Mall

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Mar 12, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Here goes my brain running off the rails again...

If we could get a portal to the interior in open world Metropolis...

And then set up the shop entrances inside as style vendors...

It would be a place/way to justify adding new styles from the style suggestion thread that don’t fit the theme of new episodes/DLC.

You could even monetize it by making the vendors use a currency that’s only available in Marketplace.

1DBC/Loyalty thingy = 1 mall coupon.

Adding Marketplace style items would give the stores/vendors an initial stock to sell, and people could purchase them either in the Marketplace or at the mall for the same price, with new styles added at any time. There could also be special vendors for Seasonal items that use seasonal currency, and a currency exchange that converts seasonal currency to mall coupons at the same exchange rate as purchasing seasonal currency on the MP. (Could be limited to times a seasonal is active, or could be year-round, dev choice.)

Optionally, this could also be a place to get base items as well as style items.
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

Oh that's awesome. Can have exclusive styles there too. And be exclusive to Members, maybe.
    There's much that can be done with it, but I doubt they can do it.
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

One thing that might make this more appealing for the devs is that they already have at least part of the map in the game (Love and War operation)
    • Like x 1
  4. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The problem is that regular cain st mall is a villain instance. Level 17 to be exact. Where you free eclipso and capture zatanna so what would they do for villains for taking away a map for them?
    • Like x 1
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

They could use a different entrance
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Neat idea, but yeah they'd have to make a separate instance/entrance. Possibly the same one we use in LaW.
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about putting it under the awnings in Chinatown. The area where Weather Wizard sometimes spawns. It could be like a Farmer's Market.
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Then it wouldn’t be the Cain St Mall LOL

An open air market wouldn’t be a bad idea, though. Possibly as part of, say, a Chinese New Year celebration? (You did suggest a location in Chinatown, after all :D)
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Yes, I actually posted this under the wrong topic. *laugh*
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Been there, done that, collected the T-shirt for feat points :D
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I have pictures somewhere where I, either warped to Midtown or died somewhere, I don't remember, but I spawned right in the middle of the mall in open world. I believe this is it:
    [IMG]
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Right in the middle of Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
  13. Rylyn New Player

Don't disturb the villain entrance. Put this new entrance next to it.