Bug Reporting Initiative

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by The Enquirer, Oct 30, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm not familiar with ice to the point to know this, but what's the CD on it? What I'm thinking is just get two people in open world and have the ice tank aggro some enemies then try to hold onto aggro with frost snipe alone. If it is detaunting we should see opponents run off to target the other player.
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Cooldown is practically instant. My worry is if it randomly detaunts like Winter Ward so the only way to truly see it is to catch something in the combat log..
    • Like x 1
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Just a FYI since its revamp Nature has 1 encasement but it is not the animation/trait that people see and want to break. The encasement is Carnivorous Plants. No Nature user should really be using it though as it is a utility 50% Supercharge that is less useful than a Regeneration + Harvest would do better. Highly unlikely to see the encasement but it can still be broken (and why Nature is listed under encasement breakers).

The animation (only) that Mental users (or any player) will regularly see is Harvest. Harvest has not been an encasement ever since Nature's revamp. Just to illustrate this use Harvest on any controllable target. Notice the stun effect word used. Now try to pick them up. An interactable encasement is typically an encasement that can be picked up or moved. Now use Harvest and try to pull that target. An encased target cannot be pulled.

The plant animation is just that an animation. At this point this topic is a dead horse that I have been beating on for about 15 updates now. Please let people know and let the topic die already.

P.S. That said a long lasting Nature bug that has been around is the inability to block break with Vine Lash -> Briar in Primal Wolf form. A more general bug (but more pominent with Nature) is that when switching forms quickly the previous loadout from the previous form is still useable.

To reproduce the former bug repeat this rotation while trying to switch forms really quickly:

Put Vine Lash as 1 or L2 + Square and Briar as 2 or L2 + Triangle. Also put Harvest on 6 or R2 + Triangle and Return to Normal on 1 or L2 + Square in your Primal Wolf loadout. In human form put Primal Wolf on R2 + Triangle. The specifics on where Harvest, Return to Normal and Primal Wolf are is not strictly mandatory but Vine Lash and Briar are.

Setup: Savage Growth -> Vine Lash -> Briar
    Main: Primal Wolf -> Harvest -> Swarm -> (clip) Carnage -> Roar -> Jump -> Serpents Call -> Return to Normal -> Canine Form -> Thrash -> Fling -> Thrash -> Fling -> Return to Normal

Rotation: Setup -> Main -> Main -> Main -> Main -> Main -> Main -> ...

Your objective is to switch forms as fast as humanly possible. If you do it just right you will notice Vine Lash coming out of Canine and Thrash will not go on cooldown (nor will Fling but you should not see Briar since Vine Lash "locks" the loadout). It eventually goes away automatically and can be manually be reset by not attacking for about 1.5 seconds.

In addition you may see Harvest and Vine Lash used (if not switched in the loadout adjust appropriately) prematurely because of fast switching. Seeing Vine Lash as described above is more prevalent though.

If someone wants to do whatever is necessary to report this on the tracker be my guest. Use my description, etc. I just don't have the consistent time to do it at the moment. You may need to repeat the latter steps a bit to reproduce it.

A minor bug also exists in the Current Effects menu when switching forms showing the Breakout effect coming from "Unknown Source" instead of the form. Likely a side effect to the consolidation of "passive buffs" into the Innate Power buff that happened recently.

In terms of specifically forms specific equipment based effects (such as the cloak in Halls of Hades) becomes ineffective when you are in a form. This is specifically troubling for Nature because of the various useful forms it has.

More of a dev check but Primal Wolf negates the effects of the critical increase given by the Mastery trait in each from the Mastery buff of 20% to the normal buff of 15%. It is offset by the passive Primal Wolf buff of 5% but Primal Wolf's makeup is that 5% over losing a constant 10% damage modifier. So if anyone wants to record some numbers showing the difference and ask what the intention is feel free. This buff doesn't seem to show up under Current Effects anymore since the consolidation I mentioned.

Insectoid still produces and interacts with Poison Spores while a human Healer form does not. If anyone wants to record this and ask for intent feel free.

Those are many of the lasting Nature bugs that have never been addressed for what I would assume would be lack of *proper* attention. Feel free to give them attention but, again, Harvest is not an encasement. :)
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Just an FYI:

The Enquirer is done with this game. In fact I'd be surprised if he ever looks on the Forums again. I for one only look to see if anything entertaining goes on. Sabigya can't help himself to respond to certain people. :p

As for anyone else who would help with Bug Reporting. Idk where they are, if they're still here. This post is to keep people from wasting their time.