Not A Bug Bug: Rank 200 Claw of Alekhund

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Brother Allen, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The Claw at Rank 200 is not granting the 3% Vitalization buff as the tool tip states it will. Instead, I am seeing just under a 2% increase in Vitalization. This bug continues while being in a group. For example, in a group of two players, my Current Effects state a 6% increase in Vitalization, my stats however show just under a 4% buff. This does not sound like a lot when just one or two people are in a group but once you get up to Raid groups, the Controller will see a buff of 16% Vitalization instead of 24%. Seeing as how we can no longer grant Instant Power back, this Vit is needed for our Power Over Time. Pictures to show the proof are included below:

Vitalization with only the Claw equipped:
    [IMG]

Vitalization with only the Claw equipped after utilizing Recharge (Group Weapon Buff):
    [IMG]

Current Effects showing it should be a 3% Increase (math shows it to be just under a 2% increase):
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. Batuba Developer

Just to delve into this a little as I am seeing this work on my end. Because an item says 3% more vitalization doesn't mean that it gets whatever stat you are at now and gives 3% more. Instead it adds to a total pool of modified value which then looks at your base stat (with gear) and multiplies that value.

To give an example:
    I have 1000 Vitalization before artifacts and in DPS role. Artifact "A" gives me 3% vit. Artifact "B" gives me 5% vit, and Artifact "C" gives me 2% vit. My total gain from artifacts is 10% vitalization which would put me at 1100 total Vitalization.
    However, if I have Artifact "A" and Artifact "B" equipped (total of 8% vit increase), I see on my character sheet that I have 1080 vit. I then add Artifact "C" which grants 2%... but that is not 2% of 1080, but instead 2% of 1000.
    In your case... if you are in Controller role, you are getting 35% vitalization increase just for being in that role (as well as any skill points that increase vit). So adding 3% from Claw is really now saying 38% of base vitalization (35% from controller stance + and 3% from Claw).

This I believe is why you are seeing the values you are reporting. I hope this clarifies this issue a little :)

If this is not the case, please expand a little further on your skill points and current Role as to see if there is a bug present or not.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

To eliminate any variables Batuba, I will log in real quick and remove my skill points and the Controller role from the equation and see if I achieve a 3% increase in Vitalization.

EDIT: I can't remove the Controller role from the equation because that activates the Claw =P. lol...derp derp on my part. Be back in a minute with the results.
    • Like x 1
  4. Berza Committed Player

In the last one of Brother Allen pics, the one that shows Current effects tab, it states "3% Vitalization - Area +12 seconds". Shouldn't it say "3% Vitalization - SELF 12 seconds"?. Not a real bug but maybe a tooltip mistake?
    Sorry for derailing a bit the post.
    • Like x 1
  5. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

4473 vit
    3% vit from lh
    10% (assuming ur sp are in)
    35% troll role
    48% total

4473/1.48 = 3,022 base vit
    3,022 * 1.51 (48%+3%claw) = 4563

Prob just decimal things.
    • Like x 1
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Okay...so interesting note. With zero skill points spec'd and zero gear on (excluding the Claw which does not grant any Vitalization) I am only seeing a 33.96% (34%) increase in Vitalization when going from DPS to Controller role. Not the stated 35% increase. To break it down to how I am looking at it is the following:
    • My Vitalization is going from 1481 to 1984 when switching from DPS to Controller which is a gain of 34%.
    • Upon utilizing Recharge (Group Weapon Buff) I am going from 1984 to 2027 which is a 2.16% increase in Vitalization, not 3%.
    • The difference from 1481 (DPS) to 2027 (Troller + Claw Recharge) is 36.86% increase in Vitalization, not a total of 38%.
    I apologize in advance Batuba if I am not understanding how the math should be working out but every where I am looking thus far I am seeing roughly a 1% buff in Vitalization missing. Both for the Controller role buff and the Claw buff.
    • Like x 1
  7. Batuba Developer

I
    I ran across a similar issue when I respeced. I had to zone to my base for my stats to properly update on my character sheet. This could be what you are noticing.

CresentMoon has the correct math above. The system will round down always when decimals are involved which is why you might see a 3 vitalization difference.
    • Like x 1
  8. AV Loyal Player

Do you have VIT generator mods in by any chance?
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Ah...that I do. That is probably throwing the math off by a hair which is what I am seeing.
    • Like x 1