Buff troll

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Stanktonia, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

What are you guys running with your buff troll builds, and how is it working out in content. I’m thinking about running claw, but I don’t want to add in tetra or cog, so I’m kind of in a idol place when thinking about leveling a claw
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why don't you want to add in Tetrahedron? You'll want the additional group Might buff. You need Claw. Your third artifact is up to you. Right now I'm using Amulet of Rao, might swap it out for Eye of Gemini when I get it to 200.
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I still want to keep a decent power output. I can do that if I exclude tetra
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Decent power output has nothing to do with any artifact besides running Claw. If you run Claw it dynamically changes the way you provide power to the group so you would just change your spec to be full vit (sp and augments) so that your POT tick is higher with claw. If you still want to provide more power than that or you don't have enough SP/Stats to bring up your Vit then running the B.O.P Commlink in addition will be your next option because of the passive power it provides. If you don't want to run the tetra or cog then your 3rd artifact will be Amulet of Rao. Eventually once you find yourself or your group having enough power you can drop B.O.P for tetra/cog and be a true buff troll.
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I was going to just run bop, strat, and claw (dropping amulet), but I’ll consider using tetra, I’m definitely not using cog since prec benefits from might too.
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Strat is not needed, amulet would be much more important you are giving up the stronger def and atk debuff to give power that won't be required.
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That additional power is required sometimes, it varies. And every buff troll I’ve ran with usually didn’t run amulet, and things went fine.
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Wearing a seatbelt is required sometimes it varies, every driver ive seen without a seatbelt on things went fine. Doesn't mean that is the most ideal why to approach the situation :)
    • Like x 1
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As long as you dont go for 200k health and 0 vit, Tetra or Cog builds with Claw and Rao can still provide enough energy.

If you run with Cog or Tetra you want to have a decent amount of skill points tho.

I'm running Claw Rao and Cog and it works fine. If i come across a heal that spams a lot, i switch out Cog for Scrap and thats usually enough.
    • Like x 1
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

These “most ideal”, and meta builds aren’t the most optimal in some cases, and they definitely aren’t the only efficient ways to play, probably the safest though
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I might be underrating rao’s additional debuff strength, I’ll have to see if I can test it
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its not just about the debuff strenght but also about the amount of debuffs.
    On a 200 Rao your defense debuff gets increased by 2,5%. Not too crazy but still better than any other option.
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That’s what I was referring to, the strength of the debuff. But being able to buff the healer and the tanks is also a strong viability
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Rank 200 your defense debuff is 15%, 5% over the standard.
    Def 10%*50%+10%=15%
    Atk 10%*50%+10%=15%
    Heal 25%*50%+25%=38%
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So are buff troll builds forgoing group shields with no soul cloak?
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The the state of healing the way it is with page/PHR and the amount of shield penetration mechanics the developers put into new elite raids the troll shields are all but useless, besides to get a revive or to stop a little but of passive damage or to supplement the power that Claw would give the group but you won't need to spam it like we did in the previous meta.
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Those are certainly valid points worth considering. Although I have yet to see any change in the lack of delay between the “add spawn” animations and the “adds demonstrating to healers what five fingers say to the face” animations. :p
  18. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Claw, Tetra, Rao.
  19. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

Claw, tetra, rao is the standard for buff trolls

If you want to be a buff troll and give better power use tetra, rao, (new chains artifact) that gives a damage buff if a player is in the chain circle.

Parasite is falling out of rotation more and more unless your a full battery troll I wouldn’t use it and if you dps and troll I definitely would not use it you can do fine with power with strat/tetra/rao or strat/rao/cloak if you want
    More supercharge. Don’t waste your money on artifacts that are catered to one role unless it’s dominant in what it does. Rao and claw are dominant and very useful with what the bring to the table so it’s worth the investment
    • Like x 1
  20. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

Healers are spamming EOG so you don’t need it unless you want more shields.The EOG spam meta takes care of it though. I wouldn’t delete it regardless