Buff Sorcery

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Phoenix JLD, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Phoenix JLD New Player

PLEASE HAVING SORCERY HIT HARDER... BUFF IT UP
    • Like x 3
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

why sorc is on par with most other powers
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What is your build? What artifacts/Allies are you using? How do you spec? What is your loadout?
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Show numbers, show stats, show loadout, show arts to include which ones you are swapping, show allies. Are you prec or might? How are you speced (I.E. Stat point allocation, and if you are using pets)? Which Augments are you using and their level? What base mods are you using? Which white mods are you using? Which instances are you comparing your numbers to?

This thread is useless without that information...may as well delete it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Jonny Active Player

Not only buff it but rework it completely, clunky animations, no real 10k supercharge, useless pet for healing, twice the same 5k supercharge of makin low enemies dogs , no melee powers nor combos, this power is ancient it needs some love for sure! We need that grand summoning to be a real threat ! make it spawn a big avatar of sin or something and make some mess, make grand summoning grand again! haha

But for real it needs rework
    • Like x 2
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No it doesn’t.

If you believe it’s that bad then what are you using that makes you believe that? It always comes down to players using bad loadouts/rotations/set ups. Instead of asking for it to be reworked how about start asking where you can improve with your set up first.
  7. Jonny Active Player

Yeah man it is possible to do really good dmg with it, the numbers are there if you put proper loadouts/rotations/arts and all that (sort of). But are you going to sit here and act like this power is not clunky ? its spells can literally miss. You either have to use Grand summoning or neo venom boost. Has no real melee rotation. The cooldowns are awkward. The animations take forever and some of them cant even be jump-cancelled, like it really is ancient they need to revisit these powers come on now.
    • Like x 3
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And that warrants a full rework?

Yes it’s clunky. Honestly, if it wasn’t for that I’d probably be sorcery. But that’s not an issue with how the power I’m general works. The only change it “needs” is to allow for soul barrage and should storm to be able to be clipped and maybe even reduce the dovetail a bit. Maybe by 35% - 45%.

While the missing sucks it’s also why it does the damage it does. If they make them hit scan then they would probably reduce the damage to compensate.

Also, there are a lot of powers that don’t have a melee rotation. That does not mean they need one.
    • Like x 1
  9. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I'm on board for making the healing pet viable.
    • Like x 2
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Sorcery is a pet class. At the moment I’m having a blast as a quantum pet build. RSK, Trinket pet, quislet, Grim, and henchman. Things die fast when you are soloing. The same can be said for Sorcery. I’m sure you can even put more damage with sorcery using Grand Summoning. A full rework isn’t warranted.
  11. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

I agree with everything, especially with it needing a full rework. There's literally so much that can be done with sorcery but it's reduced to redundant visuals and clunky animations.
    • Like x 2
  12. Grip Committed Player

Any current sorc beasts out there willing to share the sauce? Despite the fluidity issues, limited attack varieties, watcher underperforming, disappointing sc options, iffy targeting and unimpressive animations, someone must be loving it. Do tell...

With JLD 2 enroute, is it time for the sorcery ally? Nature might players seem to love Ivy, and with so few ally heal buff passives, Static was prob grabbed by some of the electricity crowd as well. Could an ally be the answer for unhappy spell-casters? New Arbiter sc features enabled (potentially helping in either role)? Baleful sc hex removes DoT at lvl 10 but forces 30% of nearby adds to attack the caster's target for a few secs instead? Ideas?

Ally hexes wouldn't fix everything for displeased sorcs, but they could add optional features while giving contented players the built-in opt out that a full rework would deny them *shrug* Just reading and spitballing (no clue about the technical limitations btw). Take care
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[quote="Grip, post: 4598498, member: 415172"Could an ally be the answer for unhappy spell-casters?[/quote]

Pay-to-win solutions? ...
    [IMG]
  14. Grip Committed Player

LOL TheLorax Point taken. Respect, respect. If I may say, though, your perfect response (love the visual) ignored context.

The explicit context is this thread; adjustments needed (if any) do not have unanimous consent. That detail, coupled with the fact that an ally is only p2w for players in a hurry, I'd reframe the fast food reference as Sorcery fries too salty for ya? Order unsalted ones fresh... favor and alliance gathering is the cook time.

Meanwhile, players who love og sorc fries can grab n go *shrug* Perfect? Nope. I was simply asking questions :)
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm all for major improvements as long as those major improvements aren't hidden behind a paywall.
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I don’t know much about sorcery I have an alt (he’s only a seasonal alt that I use to grind seasonal marks) but what little I played with it.. it is clunky that aspect could use some work I feel like the timing of some be of the abilities need to sync up a bit more, the fact that some of the abilities can miss is pretty crappy and that goes with any of the “grenade” abilities on other power sets. I don’t see how those abilities need some
    Kind of risk ? Reward when generally they aren’t heavy hitting abilities to begin with.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ughitsjaylon Level 30

im a sorcery main, cr 414 might dps id say that sorcery is a pretty good power when it comes to damage but it definitely needs a rework with animations and supercharges and certain abilities. there are duplicate abilities within the superpower that limit you to one loadout for a max damage builds. like soul barrage and soul storm, soul bolt and vengeance, baleful transfiguration and polymorph, the only difference in the duplicate abilities is that they are either aoe or single target abilities which u would think was nice if they didn’t look the same as each other and work the same way.
    • Like x 2
  18. Grip Committed Player

Love those details. Out of curiosity, do you think sorcery is adequate out of the box or are you successful with it moreso due to a savvy build?
  19. Ughitsjaylon Level 30

im successful with it bc of my lvl 200 artifacts ; ebon, grim, trans card and the power interactions that sorcery uses
    • Like x 1
  20. Grip Committed Player

Fair enough, thanks. Sorcery was the 4th powerset I left the bottle ship with, but like most of my others, the toon is relegated to extra loot getter status. While 200 arts aren't in my sorc's immediate future, it's nice to know, even with drawbacks, it's a viable power.

Things I like: mild power use, the utility of having guardian available, a sub-50% sc option, built-in battle heals and general ease of use to do the basics

Things I like less: doesn't feel smooth, an awkward sc gen, a form that removes the ability to interrupt and some powers that seem throwaway

Still interested in what full-time sorcery folks are up to and what the breakdown is between rework vs. tweak people. Interesting thread and I hope that even if adjustments aren't made anytime soon, players share info and vent if needed here :) Take care