Broken by design.

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mountie, May 6, 2013.

1. Mountie New Player

I was looking at the pvp gear and the pvp CR and it occurred to me that when designing this you used the pvp cr to determine the budget.

This raises an issue because the latest batch of pvp gear begins at a PVP cr of 77. That means that a new 30 can go an buy green Cr 70 stats for running T1 content. On top of that you have taken most of the toughness out and moved it to health, Meaning it actually maintains most of it's CR and can even gain a bit as its used in higher tier content where defense undergoes a penalty.

This leads to a aspect of the game that is broken by design. This is not the first aspect that is broken by design, as you have already broken controllers and tanks with the domination changes and have not corrected that when the weapons trees were redone.

Right now changes to PVP and updates put out to quickly(Im sure much to the publisher's demands) are actually doing more damage to the design aspects of the game that were put in place to maintain balance.

If you want to question my qualifications regarding this observation the SOE/WB staff can contact me via forum email and I will discuss it with you privately where I know NDAs will not be broken. It seems to me that a very small clique has the ear of the developers and that they(the development team) prefer yes men to objective analysis.